Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > install Beta 2 after Beta 1?

install Beta 2 after Beta 1?

Mark Oliver

Hi,
What are the chances I will be able to install Beta 2 without
reformatting my hard drive if I install Beta 1? I like Beta 1 on my test
hard drive - but should I wait for Beta 2 on my main hard drive?

Mark

Scott Allen

It's never easy. There are usually some upgrade instructions provided with
manual steps to clean out registry entries and resolve various other problems
- but it is a hassle. Any chance you have the Cirutal PC product? I never
put any beta stuff directly on a system anymore - only on VPCs I can blow
away with little reservation.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

> Hi,
> What are the chances I will be able to install Beta 2 without
> reformatting my hard drive if I install Beta 1? I like Beta 1 on my
> test
> hard drive - but should I wait for Beta 2 on my main hard drive?
>
> Mark

Juan T. Llibre

Cirutal ?

You need a chellspecker, Scott.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
"Scott Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> It's never easy. There are usually some upgrade instructions provided with
> manual steps to clean out registry entries and resolve various other
> problems - but it is a hassle. Any chance you have the Cirutal PC product?
> I never put any beta stuff directly on a system anymore - only on VPCs I
> can blow away with little reservation.
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
>
>> Hi,
>> What are the chances I will be able to install Beta 2 without
>> reformatting my hard drive if I install Beta 1? I like Beta 1 on my
>> test
>> hard drive - but should I wait for Beta 2 on my main hard drive?
>>
>> Mark

Scott Allen

Oh, I know, Juan!

I'm trying so hard to use a new newsreader, but lack of spellcheck is killing
me!
I might switch back to the tried and true. I'm looking like a babbling idiot!