Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: How to limit CPU usage in Python

Re: How to limit CPU usage in Python

Terry Reedy

On 9/20/2012 12:46 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 9/20/2012 11:12 AM, Rolando Cañer Roblejo wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible for me to put a limit in the amount of processor usage (%
>> CPU) that my current python script is using? Is there any module useful
>> for this task? I saw Resource module but I think it is not the module I
>> am looking for. Some people recommend to use nice and cpulimit unix
>> tools, but those are external to python and I prefer a python solution.
>> I am working with Linux (Ubuntu 10.04).

> Call the external tools with subprocess.open.

I meant to end that with ? as I don't know how easy it is to get the
external id of the calling process that is to be limited. I presume that
can be done by first calling ps (with subprocess) and searching the
piped-back output.

--
Terry Jan Reedy