Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: How to get the list of all my open file(descriptor)s and locks?

Re: How to get the list of all my open file(descriptor)s and locks?

Ismael Farfán

2012/9/19 Ismael Farfán <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Hello list
>
> From man 2 EXECVE
> "By default, file descriptors remain open across an execve()"
>
> And from man 2 FCNTL
> "Record locks are... preserved across an execve(2)."
>
> So the question:
> * If I execve a python script (from C), how can I retrieve the list of
> files, and optionally the list of locks, from within the execve(d)
> python process so that I can use them?
>

> Some more info:
> I'm working with exotic stuff like AIX and Solaris 10 (Windows and
> linux too and my lowest common denominator is python 2.3.
>
> From a standalone test within the interpreter I'd expect to get (at
> least) std(in/out/err).
>
> If more information is needed in order to help me, please let me know.
>
> Cheers
> Ismael
>

> --
> Do not let me induce you to satisfy my curiosity, from an expectation,
> that I shall gratify yours. What I may judge proper to conceal, does
> not concern myself alone.

It seems like I can use os.fstat to find out if a fd exists and also
get it's type and mode (I'm getting some pipes too : )

I hope it's portable across platforms, if someone knows a better
solution please let me know.

Ismael