Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Querying Active-HDL from TCL

Querying Active-HDL from TCL

Rob Gaddi

This is only approximately the right place to be asking this, but if
anyone's going to have an answer, I figure it'll be here.

Does anyone know how actually find anything about a design out from a
TCL script in Aldec Active-HDL. Not anything particularly complicated,
things like a list of the active libraries, or what models have
been compiled into them. Or what files are in a design. Or whether or
not a simulation is currently running.

These all seem like trivial and reasonable things to want to know, but I
haven't been able to find any documentation telling me how. I can use
vlib to create a library, but there doesn't seem to be a call telling
me whether or not a library exists.

Anyone know anything on this? Advice for how to do it under ModelSim
would help too; there's a lot of cross-over.

HT-Lab

On 19/09/2012 18:54, Rob Gaddi wrote:
> This is only approximately the right place to be asking this, but if
> anyone's going to have an answer, I figure it'll be here.
>
> Does anyone know how actually find anything about a design out from a
> TCL script in Aldec Active-HDL. Not anything particularly complicated,
> things like a list of the active libraries, or what models have
> been compiled into them. Or what files are in a design. Or whether or
> not a simulation is currently running.
>
> These all seem like trivial and reasonable things to want to know, but I
> haven't been able to find any documentation telling me how. I can use
> vlib to create a library, but there doesn't seem to be a call telling
> me whether or not a library exists.
>
> Anyone know anything on this? Advice for how to do it under ModelSim
> would help too; there's a lot of cross-over.

I don't know Active HDL but in Modelsim you have the report command
which can give you bit and pieces like file list, the state of the
simulator, log file locations etc.

You can use the vmap command to list the libraries which are mapped in
the modelim.ini file. This does not however tell you which libraries are
actually used, it simply echoes the modelsim.ini [Library] section.

The vdir command spews out lots of information on a design unit (or
whole library).

Another useful command (but currently broken in the 10.1x release) is
the "echo [StartupGetArgs]" command which is useful to find out how
Modelsim was invoked (not always clear if invoked from another tool like
HDL Designer, ISE etc).

Regards,
Hans.
www.ht-lab.com

How to build a loadable tcl dll with visual studio (microsoft C compiler)?[crosspost in comp.lang.tcl and comp.lang.c++] Michael Reichenbach C++ 5 02-08-2010 02:38 PM
Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl Mumia W. Perl Misc 0 08-23-2006 04:09 PM
problems querying/setting speed/duplex on WS-C3550 via SNMP Bruce Campbell Cisco 0 04-03-2004 02:16 PM
advice on querying DB Mark ASP .Net 1 01-14-2004 02:26 PM
querying a DB and returning Id's - HELP PLEASE Mark ASP .Net 0 01-13-2004 11:15 PM

Advertisments