Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: EOS-6D - 20 Mpix FF [ WiFi, GPS ]

Re: EOS-6D - 20 Mpix FF [ WiFi, GPS ]

Noons

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 22/09/2012 8:19 PM:

> The D400 isn't available. Not even for pre-order.
> There isn't any official announcement of the D400.
> Rumors put the D400 as a crop camera, while the 6D is a full
> frame camera.

Obviously, I meant the D600. Which as I said: is here and available now.
While the 6D is vaporware and will be for a long while.

> And yet is was billed as lightest, smallest, cheapest ...

and yet it's not available from anywhere for confirmation...

>>> Well, the original 5D wasn't a very compelling camera for
>>> enthusiasts either ... by your standards.

>> Indeed.

> But it was a complete success ...
> Maybe your standards are not exactly relevant ...

or maybe the 5d is not exactly relevant to me and was never a complete success...

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Noons <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 22/09/2012 8:19 PM:

>> The D400 isn't available. Not even for pre-order.
>> There isn't any official announcement of the D400.
>> Rumors put the D400 as a crop camera, while the 6D is a full
>> frame camera.

> Obviously, I meant the D600.

Naah, that's not so very obvious --- I don't follow Nikon cameras
closely. You could well have meant some other camera.

> Which as I said: is here and available now.
> While the 6D is vaporware and will be for a long while.

For decades at least! Probably centuries!

>> And yet is was billed as lightest, smallest, cheapest ...

> and yet it's not available from anywhere for confirmation...

You could have had your confirmation at Photokina, others
managed, if you didn't it was your fault:

>>> Indeed.

>> But it was a complete success ...
>> Maybe your standards are not exactly relevant ...

> or maybe the 5d is not exactly relevant to me

Yep, back then Nikon was all "DX forever", so it wasn't relevant
for you ...

> and was never a complete success...

You not buying a camera does not make the camera "never a complete
success".

-Wolfgang

Noons

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 24/09/2012 6:57 AM:

>> Obviously, I meant the D600.

> Naah, that's not so very obvious --- I don't follow Nikon cameras
> closely. You could well have meant some other camera.

Hey, what can I say: you only follow a minor maker?...

>> and yet it's not available from anywhere for confirmation...

> You could have had your confirmation at Photokina, others
> managed, if you didn't it was your fault:

And yet, amazingly, I go to B&H and this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mera_Body.html

has the magic words "In Stock" attached to it.

While this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

says "Available for pre-order"
which I'm sure is Canon-speak for "available real soon now"?...

> Yep, back then Nikon was all "DX forever", so it wasn't relevant
> for you ...

Back then I did not use Nikon dslrs, so that one is missed.

> You not buying a camera does not make the camera "never a complete
> success".

Together with me, a lot of others...

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Noons <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 24/09/2012 6:57 AM:

>>> Obviously, I meant the D600.

>> Naah, that's not so very obvious --- I don't follow Nikon cameras
>> closely. You could well have meant some other camera.

> Hey, what can I say: you only follow a minor maker?...

You can say that I *don't* follow minor makers.

>>> and yet it's not available from anywhere for confirmation...

>> You could have had your confirmation at Photokina, others
>> managed, if you didn't it was your fault:

> And yet, amazingly, I go to B&H

If you can go to B&H, you can go to Photokina.

> and this:
> has the magic words "In Stock" attached to it.

> While this:
> says "Available for pre-order"

So if you need a camera right now, you might sell all your lenses
and start anew with the D600. Yep, sounds ideal.

Whereas, if you are less impulsive, you know which cameras will
be available from Canon soon, so you can plan to buy the right
one and not be surprised tomorrow with a better matching camera.

> which I'm sure is Canon-speak for "available real soon now"?...

It's B&H-speak.
Ask THEM what that means.

>> Yep, back then Nikon was all "DX forever", so it wasn't relevant
>> for you ...

> Back then I did not use Nikon dslrs, so that one is missed.

So which DSLRs did you use?
Did you use any DSLR?
Or ... maybe ... did you just follow some minor P&S maker?

>> You not buying a camera does not make the camera "never a complete
>> success".

> Together with me, a lot of others...

.... will never buy a single Nikon DSLR. So Nikon's DSLRs
never were and never will be a complete success.

-Wolfgang

mariehoney mariehoney is offline
Junior Member

READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! IT DOES WORK!

I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little while
back, I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now and
came
across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands
of
dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I
thought, 'Yeah right, this must be a scam', but like most of us, I was
curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to
each
of the 6 names and address stated in the article. You then place your
own name and address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the
article in at least 200 newsgroups. There are thousands! No catch,
that
was it. So after thinking it over, and talking to a few people first,
thought about trying it. I figured: 'what have I got to lose except 6
stamps and $6.00, right?' Then I invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS
WHAT!?... within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was
shocked! I figured it would end soon, but the money just kept coming
in.

In my first week, I made about $25.00. By the end of the second week I
had made a total of over $1,000.00! In the third week I had over
$10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is now my fourth week and I
have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in
rapidly. It's certainly worth $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent more
than that on the lottery!! Let me tell you how this works and most
importantly, WHY it works... Also, make sure you print a copy of this
article NOW, so you can get the information off of it as you need it.

I promise you that if you follow the directions exactly, that you will
start making more money than you thought possible by doing something
so
easy!

Suggestion: Read this entire message carefully! (print it out or
download it.) Follow the simple directions and watch the money come
in!

It's easy. It's legal. And, your investment is only $6.00 (Plus
postage).

IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent; it is not
illegal; and it is 99% no risk - it really works!

If all of the following instructions are adhered to, you will receive
extraordinary dividends.

PLEASE NOTE:
Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be
yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful because of the
honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue its success
by carefully adhering to the instructions.

You will now become part of the Mail Order business. In this business
your product is not solid and tangible, it's a service. You are in the
business of developing Mailing Lists. Many large corporations are
happy
to pay big bucks for quality lists. However, the money made from the
mailing lists is secondary to the income which is made from people
like
you and me asking to be included in that list.

Here are the 4 easy steps to success:

STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each
piece of paper 'PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST.' Now get 6 US
$1.00
bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill
will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent thievery). Next,
place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and seal them. You should
now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the
above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are
doing is creating a service. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! You are
requesting a legitimate service and you are paying for it! Like most
of
us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal
aspects of it all. So I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office
(1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal. Mail the
6
envelopes to the following addresses:

#1) T. Linkous
115 Lee St.
Greenville, NC 27858

#2) E.H. Johnson
P.O.Box 409
Clearlake Oaks, CA 95423

#3) L. Johnson
5700 Ridge Club Loop, #302
Orlando, FL 32839

#4)J. Wine
4502 Jouster Ct, #203
Orlando, FL 32817

#5) M. Ferguson
828 Locust street
Williamsport, PA 17701

#6) R.M. Leedy
34511 Jackson II Rd
Carthage, NY 13619

STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the
other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR Name as
number 6 on the list.

STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as
close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at
least 200 newsgroups. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All
you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you
make! You won't get very much unless you post like crazy.

This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts, refer to Title 18
Sec.
1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws. Keep a copy of these steps for
yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again, and
again.

PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful because of the
honesty and integrity of the participants and by their carefully
adhering to the directions. Look at it this way. If you are of
integrity, the program will continue and the money that so many others
have received will come your way.

NOTE: You may want to retain every name and address sent to you,
either
on a computer or hard copy and keep the notes people send you.This
VERIFIES that you are truly providing a service. (Also, it might be a
good idea to wrap the $1 bill in dark paper to reduce the risk of mail
theft.)

So, as each post is downloaded and the directions carefully followed,
six members will be reimbursed for their participation as a List
Developer with one dollar each. Your name will move up the list
geometrically so that when your name reaches the #1 position you will
be receiving thousands of dollars in CASH!!! What an opportunity for
only $6.00 ($1.00 for each of the first six people listed above) Send
it now, add your own name to the list and you're in business!

---DIRECTIONS ----- FOR HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS------------

Step 1) You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own
posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and
drag your cursor to the bottom of this document, and select 'copy'
from
the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the computer's
memory.

Step 2) Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top
of
the blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a
copy of the letter into notepad so that you can add your name to the
list.

Step 3) Save your new notepad file as a .txt file. If you want to do
your postings in different settings, you'll always have this file to
go
back to.

Step 4) Use Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching for
various newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites,
discussions.)

Step 5) Visit these message boards and post this article as a new
message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste
from the edit menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header that
everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings in a
particular group, click the post message button. You're done with your
first one! Congratulations...THAT'S IT! All you have to do is
jump to different newsgroups and post away, after you get the hang of
it, it will take about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! **REMEMBER, THE
MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL MAKE! BUT :YOU
HAVE TO POST A MINIMUM OF 200** That's it! You will begin receiving
money from around the world within days! You may eventually want to
rent a P.O.Box due to the large amount of mail you will receive. If
you
wish to stay anonymous, you can invent a name to use, as long as the
postman will deliver it. **JUST MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE
CORRECT.**

Now, each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1.00 make the MINIMUM 200
postings, each with my name at #5 and only 5 persons respond to each
of
the original 5, that is another $25.00 for me, now those 25 each make
200 MINIMUM posts with my name at #4 and only 5 replies each, I will
bring in an additional $125.00! Now, those 125 persons turn around and
post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #3 and only receive 5 replies
each, I will make an additional $625.00! OK, now here is the fun part,
each of those 625 persons post a MINIMUM 200 letters with my name at
and they each only receive 5 replies, that just made me $3,125.00!!!
Those 3,125 persons will all deliver this message to 200 newsgroups
with my name at #1 and if still 5 persons per 200 newsgroups react I
will receive $15,625,00! With an original investment of only $6.00!
AMAZING! When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the
latest posting in the newsgroups, and send out another $6.00 to names
on the list, putting your name at number 6 again. And start posting
again.

The thing to remember is: do you realize that thousands of people all
over the world are joining the internet and reading these articles
everyday?, JUST LIKE YOU are now!! So, can you afford $6.00 and see if
it really works?? I think so... People have said, 'what if the plan is
played out and no one sends you the money? So what! What are the
chances of that happening when there are tons of new honest users and
new honest people who are joining the internet and newsgroups everyday
and are willing to give it a try? Estimates are at 20,000 to 50,000
new
users, every day, with thousands of those joining the actual internet.
Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY and this will really work.

Noons

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 25/09/2012 2:36 AM:

> You can say that I *don't* follow minor makers.

Pity, your loss. Size of maker means nothing and has never meant anything.

> If you can go to B&H, you can go to Photokina.

Why go to a once in a blue moon site when I can go to a permanently open dealer?
Recall that bit about "minor"?

> So if you need a camera right now, you might sell all your lenses
> and start anew with the D600. Yep, sounds ideal.

Why on Earth would I ever do that? Most of my lenses are either Nikon or Zeiss
ZF. With a few Voigtlander and Leica thrown in for good measure. As well as Mamiya.

> Whereas, if you are less impulsive, you know which cameras will
> be available from Canon soon, so you can plan to buy the right
> one and not be surprised tomorrow with a better matching camera.

Sure. Just like in real soon now...

> It's B&H-speak.
> Ask THEM what that means.

Narh, I don't have to. It's perfectly clear.
It means: "Canon was caught with their pants down".

> So which DSLRs did you use?

None.

> Did you use any DSLR?

Nope.

> Or ... maybe ... did you just follow some minor P&S maker?

No. I used 35mm film. And still do.
As well as dslrs (now) and m4/3 as well.
Ah yes: and medium format film.

> ... will never buy a single Nikon DSLR. So Nikon's DSLRs
> never were and never will be a complete success

....just like Canon's.

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Noons <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 25/09/2012 2:36 AM:

>> You can say that I *don't* follow minor makers.

> Pity, your loss. Size of maker means nothing and has never meant anything.

Except things like much higher chances of survival of the mount,
a larger, often much larger camera portfolio, a large or huge lens
collection *with* all the amenities like fast AF and nowadays IS
(which minor makers only get when they adopt an old mount without
such amenities), a borad user base for buying and selling used
gear, easier access to repair shops, ... shall I go on? Or will
you next say that being sighted or not does mean nothing either?

>> If you can go to B&H, you can go to Photokina.

> Why go to a once in a blue moon site when I can go to a permanently open dealer?

B&H does observe holidays, and not always when you would expect
them to. "permanently open" is what the police or the fire
brigade is.

> Recall that bit about "minor"?

Yes, what about it? Doesn't B&H carry minor makers?

>> So if you need a camera right now, you might sell all your lenses
>> and start anew with the D600. Yep, sounds ideal.

> Why on Earth would I ever do that? Most of my lenses are either Nikon or Zeiss
> ZF. With a few Voigtlander and Leica thrown in for good measure. As well as Mamiya.

I see --- everyone is just like you and has only Nikon and Zeiss
lenses ... and a few Voigtlander and Leica and Mamiya ones.

>> Whereas, if you are less impulsive, you know which cameras will
>> be available from Canon soon, so you can plan to buy the right
>> one and not be surprised tomorrow with a better matching camera.

> Sure. Just like in real soon now...

Last I heard, less than 3 months.

>> It's B&H-speak.
>> Ask THEM what that means.

> Narh, I don't have to. It's perfectly clear.
> It means: "Canon was caught with their pants down".

Yep, for maybe 3 months. How long did it take for Nikon to
find out that people actually wanted FF after the 5D arrived?

>> So which DSLRs did you use?

> None.

>> Did you use any DSLR?

> Nope.

Ah, so you're a newcomer to the field. Welcome, enjoy your stay.

>> Or ... maybe ... did you just follow some minor P&S maker?

> No. I used 35mm film. And still do.

35mm film: Something only minor makers carter for any more.
And something very often used in P&S cameras back then.

> As well as dslrs (now) and m4/3 as well.

Welcome, newbie.

> Ah yes: and medium format film.

What, no large format? No 8×11 mm film either?

>> ... will never buy a single Nikon DSLR. So Nikon's DSLRs
>> never were and never will be a complete success

> ...just like Canon's.

So your 'never a complete success' was just a misunderstanding on
my part --- I should have gotten that you're writing in bad faith.

-Wolfgang

Robert Coe

:
[...]

And we should have gotten that you're simply gibbering. "Last you heard", the
6D will be available in less than three months? <guffaw!> What did you "hear",
and from whom? And how often has that source been right?

Bob

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And we should have gotten that you're simply gibbering. "Last you heard", the
> 6D will be available in less than three months? <guffaw!> What did you "hear",
> and from whom? And how often has that source been right?

Official Canon press release:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_...01e0248065d8c4

Reputable sellers:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=892349

News on the internet:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/17/canon-eos-6d-dslr/
http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/17/can...aps-c-at-2099/
http://www.techradar.com/news/photog...eos-6d-1097835
http://mashable.com/2012/09/17/canon-eos-6d/
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/17/33...te-price-specs
http://www.gizmag.com/canon-eos-6d/24164/
http://gizmodo.com/5943763/canon-eos...rame-dslr-ever
http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/17/...ll-frame-dslr/
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...aspx?News=3063
http://seamlessphoto.com/beinspired/...ll-frame-dslr/
http://www.videouniversity.com/canon...gps-and-wi-fi/
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl...ll-frame_dslr/
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Te...in/ba-p/385422
http://www.cnet.com.au/hands-on-with...-339341530.htm
http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...me-digital-slr
http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...6d-review.html
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news...full-frame-slr
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/20...ate-confirmed/
http://www.pluggedin.co.uk/article/c...me-dslr-battle
(and that's just a few)

Even wikipedia has that info (*and* a link to the press release):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_6D

Who's simply gibbering, Robert?

-Wolfgang

Noons

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote,on my timestamp of 25/09/2012 11:52 PM:

>> Pity, your loss. Size of maker means nothing and has never meant anything.

> Except things like much higher chances of survival of the mount,
> a larger, often much larger camera portfolio, a large or huge lens
> collection *with* all the amenities like fast AF and nowadays IS
> (which minor makers only get when they adopt an old mount without
> such amenities), a borad user base for buying and selling used
> gear, easier access to repair shops, ... shall I go on? Or will
> you next say that being sighted or not does mean nothing either?

"used gear"??? But.... Isn't that Canon rubbish a "perfect camera/lens"combo
that never needs updating? Frankly, I'm disappointed! You mean people actually
stop using Canon? Heathen!

> Yes, what about it? Doesn't B&H carry minor makers?

Yeah, sure: B&H is a minor dealer. Of course.
And from now on, I'm the Dalai Lama.

> I see --- everyone is just like you and has only Nikon and Zeiss
> lenses ... and a few Voigtlander and Leica and Mamiya ones.

Hey, what can I say except that greatness is something to aspire to?

> Last I heard, less than 3 months.

BWAHAHAHAHA! So is Xmas.

> Yep, for maybe 3 months. How long did it take for Nikon to
> find out that people actually wanted FF after the 5D arrived?

3 months? BWAHAHAHAHA!
Nikon? Dunno. Not even interested.

> Ah, so you're a newcomer to the field. Welcome, enjoy your stay.

Not really.

> 35mm film: Something only minor makers carter for any more.

Sure. Like Canon.

> And something very often used in P&S cameras back then.

Sure. Just like the iPhone now. And by the same kind of crowd.

>> As well as dslrs (now) and m4/3 as well.

> Welcome, newbie.

Thank you.

>> Ah yes: and medium format film.

> What, no large format? No 8×11 mm film either?

No. I don't see what's the point with large format other than for weird
perspective manipulations. As for 8X11, not really: I leave that sort of
"quality" to modern p&s digital.

> my part --- I should have gotten that you're writing in bad faith.

Sorry, I don't do religion.