Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Trucha

Trucha

Pablo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream

¿Hay manera de mejorarla?
--
Pablo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
The below is a link to an ad for an apartment
for rent. It may or may not be of interest to photographers.
Follow the link at your peril.
http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

Pablo

Pablo escribió:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream
>
> ¿Hay manera de mejorarla?

Bugger!

--

Savageduck escribió:

> On 2012-09-17 04:51:10 -0700, Pablo <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream
>>
>> ¿Hay manera de mejorarla?

> Hi Paul,
> First, nice fish.

I tried to cancel the post, but that rarely works. Which of course means
that some won't know what the hell we're talking about.

> A simple answer (and my Spanish is simple) to your question;
> No como él estaba tiro.

Well, I understand because it's written in English A couple of tips
though: foto is feminine "la" (but it's superfluous here).

Action = ser
Result = estar

se tiró, se disparó, fue disparada, fue tirada, fue fotografiada, ha sido...
etc.

All sound like we're talking about someone shooting himself, mind. "Tomar"
would sound better. "Se tomó".

> This is another of those shots where some planning would have helped.
>
> First you needed a Circular Polarizer Filter (CPF). This would have
> (should) clear the surface reflections to show more detail of the fish.

As I replied in the Spanish group, I had a polarizer fitted, but in my
stupidity, it wasn't set right, so had no effect. Got some nice effects in
some photos of the water itself though. Little stars and stuff.

> You picked the wrong time of day, when the Sun was at its most awkward.
> If you weren't able to pick a better time of day, you might have
> considered having somebody hold a shade device of some sort over the
> bright area to the left.

"Oh look, some trout - click". Almost fell in the river. Put no effort into
that snap at all. I was just wondering if anything could be done with it to
make it less crap.

> ...and then I think you might have shot full auto and the camera got it
> wrong for what I suspect you were trying to do, which was capture the
> fish. There is also quite a bit of noise, due to in-camera (or perhaps
> PP) jpeg over-compression.

Something seems to have eaten the exif data. I have buggered about with the
image in both DPP and Gimp, so probably made it much worse. I can show you
the original RAW if you have bandwidth (and inclination) to spare. I have
actually picked up some useful advice from amongst the bickering here.

> Even working on your original it is tough to fix in post. I am not sure
> of what you had done to it brfore you put it up on flickr.

See above.

--

Savageduck escribió:

> Given the "poor potential"

That kind of answers my question, really.

Thanks.

--
Pablo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
The below is a link to an ad for an apartment
for rent. It may or may not be of interest to photographers.
Follow the link at your peril.
http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

tony cooper

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:00:43 -0700, "Frank S" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>*Patent applied for. Notary Sojac.

The funny pages carried Smokey Stover when I was a kid. No one knew
what "Notary Sojac" meant. Now, you can Google it and "Straight Dope"
will tell you it has no meaning.

Foo.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 9/17/2012 4:00 PM, Frank S wrote:

> "Pablo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Savageduck escribió:
>>
>>> Given the "poor potential"

>> That kind of answers my question, really.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> The prisoners use to say, "Ponte trucha -- viene el Ruco".
>
> I'm not much of a Photoshoppist*, but my impulse would be to create a
> second layer of the image, reverse/invert it and selectively erase
> offensive sections of the original. Maybe a number of inverts with tints
> compatible with the original's.
>
> *Patent applied for. Notary Sojac.

I was about to suggest a polarizer. then read on.

I think the image has nice abstract potential. But, that's a matter of
taste. I can also understand why someone would want a shot of trout in a
stream. Simply to show there were. Nothing wrong with that.

--
Peter

Robert Coe

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:00:14 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: On 2012-09-17 04:51:10 -0700, Pablo <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
:
: > http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream
: >
: > Hay manera de mejorarla?
:
: Hi Paul,
: First, nice fish.

Fish?? I took it for an ar1al shot of farmland in the Andes.

: A simple answer (and my Spanish is simple) to your question;
: No como l estaba tiro.

Mi espaol sera ms mala que la tuya!

Roberto

otter

On Sep 17, 6:51*am, Pablo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream
>
> Hay manera de mejorarla?
> --
> Pablo
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
> The below is a link to an ad for an apartment
> for rent. It may or may not be of interest to photographers.
> Follow the link at your peril.http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

I think there is potential to this picture. As a matter of fact, I
think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. Much better
than the cork tree or the goats.
Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

Pablo

otter escribió:

> On Sep 17, 6:51 am, Pablo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream

> I think there is potential to this picture. As a matter of fact, I
> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. Much better
> than the cork tree or the goats.

Heh. Each to his own.

> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2

But it won't be all there yet.

--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...3918/lightbox/