Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Trucha

Trucha

PeterN

On 9/18/2012 3:52 AM, Pablo wrote:
> otter escribió:
>
>> On Sep 17, 6:51 am, Pablo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbley...in/photostream

>> I think there is potential to this picture. As a matter of fact, I
>> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. Much better
>> than the cork tree or the goats.

> Heh. Each to his own.
>
>> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2
>
> But it won't be all there yet.

& a c
I made some rough changes & a crop using only ACR.

<https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>

--
Peter

otter

On Sep 18, 8:15*am, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9/18/2012 3:52 AM, Pablo wrote:
>

> > otter escribió:

> >> I think there is potential to this picture. *As a matter of fact, I
> >> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. *Much better
> >> than the cork tree or the goats.

> > Heh. Each to his own.

> >> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

> >https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2

> > But it won't be all there yet.

> & a c
> I made some rough changes & a crop using only ACR.
>
> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>
>
> --
> Peter

Can't see yours, Peter. Says I don't belong there.

otter

On Sep 18, 9:04*am, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2012-09-18 00:52:58 -0700, Pablo <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

> > otter escribió:

> >> I think there is potential to this picture. *As a matter of fact, I
> >> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. *Much better
> >> than the cork tree or the goats.

> > Heh. Each to his own.

> >> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

> >https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2

> > But it won't be all there yet.

> Well, give me a RAW file to play with...
>
> I see Otter had a similar idea to me with regard to crop and removing
> some of the yellowish color cast.
> here is my rendition.
>
> <http://db.tt/s4hPyjRk>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

The crop looks familiar. There were lots of ways to go with this.

PeterN

On 9/18/2012 10:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-09-18 06:14:59 -0700, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Heh. Each to his own.

>>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2
>>>
>>> But it won't be all there yet.
>>>

>> & a c
>> I made some rough changes & a crop using only ACR.
>>
>> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>

> You have to let DB generate the shared URL. You can't just copy the URL
> from your browser URL window.
>
> < http://db.tt/lmXQU9on >

how?

I clicked on share and copied the link.

On 9/18/2012 12:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-09-18 08:10:54 -0700, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On 9/18/2012 10:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:

>>> You have to let DB generate the shared URL. You can't just copy the URL
>>> from your browser URL window.
>>>
>>> < http://db.tt/lmXQU9on >

>> how?
>>
>> I clicked on share and copied the link.
>>

>> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>>

> Nope!
> Still not available to the World.
>
> If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
> language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
> appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
> changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
> individual sharing that folder.
> Don't use that for Usenet.
> < http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL >
>
> To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
> to the image via your DB web site.
> Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
> row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
> indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
> dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
> copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
> appears in that window.
> < http://db.tt/KHlSOjal >
>
> If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
> column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
> of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
> "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
> from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
> for posting anywhere.
> < http://db.tt/alj539lN >
> < http://db.tt/NePOAOMi >
>
> Perhaps here.
> <
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...ages/WTF-2012w

Thanks

Did this work

<http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>

--
Peter

PeterN

On 9/18/2012 1:47 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-09-18 10:36:12 -0700, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On 9/18/2012 12:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:

>>> Nope!
>>> Still not available to the World.
>>>
>>> If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
>>> language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
>>> appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
>>> changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
>>> individual sharing that folder.
>>> Don't use that for Usenet.
>>> < http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL >
>>>
>>> To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
>>> to the image via your DB web site.
>>> Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
>>> row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
>>> indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
>>> dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
>>> copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
>>> appears in that window.
>>> < http://db.tt/KHlSOjal >
>>>
>>> If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
>>> column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
>>> of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
>>> "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
>>> from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
>>> for posting anywhere.
>>> < http://db.tt/alj539lN >
>>> < http://db.tt/NePOAOMi >
>>>
>>> Perhaps here.
>>> <
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...ages/WTF-2012w
>>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Did this work
>>
>> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>

> Yup!

Thanks.

--
Peter

otter

On Sep 18, 12:36*pm, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9/18/2012 12:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:

> >> how?

> >> I clicked on share and copied the link.

> >> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>>

> > Nope!
> > Still not available to the World.

> > If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
> > language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
> > appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
> > changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
> > individual sharing that folder.
> > Don't use that for Usenet.
> > <http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL>

> > To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
> > to the image via your DB web site.
> > Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
> > row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
> > indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
> > dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
> > copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
> > appears in that window.
> > <http://db.tt/KHlSOjal>

> > If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
> > column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
> > of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
> > "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
> > from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
> > for posting anywhere.
> > <http://db.tt/alj539lN>
> > <http://db.tt/NePOAOMi>

> > Perhaps here.
> > <
> >https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...hared%20Images...

> Thanks
>
> Did this work
>
> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>
>
> --
> Peter

I like it. Good job.

PeterN

On 9/18/2012 6:48 PM, otter wrote:
> On Sep 18, 12:36 pm, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Nope!
>>> Still not available to the World.

>>> If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
>>> language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
>>> appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
>>> changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
>>> individual sharing that folder.
>>> Don't use that for Usenet.
>>> <http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL>

>>> To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
>>> to the image via your DB web site.
>>> Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
>>> row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
>>> indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
>>> dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
>>> copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
>>> appears in that window.
>>> <http://db.tt/KHlSOjal>

>>> If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
>>> column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
>>> of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
>>> "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
>>> from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
>>> for posting anywhere.
>>> <http://db.tt/alj539lN>
>>> <http://db.tt/NePOAOMi>

>>> Perhaps here.
>>> <
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...hared%20Images...

>> Thanks
>>
>> Did this work
>>
>> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>
>>
>> --
>> Peter

> I like it. Good job.

thanks.
I made all adjustments in ACR
Not sure it would improve much in PS

--
Peter

otter

On Sep 18, 6:38*pm, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9/18/2012 6:48 PM, otter wrote:

> >> Thanks

> >> Did this work

> >> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>

> >> --
> >> Peter

> > I like it. *Good job.

> thanks.
> I made all adjustments in ACR
> Not sure it would improve much in PS

I did all my edits in LR3, which is essentially the same as ACR. I
really need to use CS5 again, just to brush up.

PeterN

On 9/18/2012 10:43 PM, otter wrote:
> On Sep 18, 6:38 pm, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> thanks.
>> I made all adjustments in ACR
>> Not sure it would improve much in PS

> I did all my edits in LR3, which is essentially the same as ACR. I
> really need to use CS5 again, just to brush up.

I think that LT is ACR on steroids.

BTW I really like the context sensitive tools in CS6.

--
Peter