Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > CoolPreview 3.7 problem wi/Firefox

CoolPreview 3.7 problem wi/Firefox

danz@weq[iop.com

I'm using Firefox 3.6. I updated CoolPreview to the newest version.
Whenever I open FF, I now get sent to the CoolPreview Web site. They
have instructions as to how to cure that problem.

1. Type "about:config" (without the quotes) in your browsers address
bar
2. When prompted, click the "I promise to be careful" button
3. In the search box that appears, type "preview.isnew"
4. Edit the value in that box so that it is "3.7" (or the latest
version of CoolPreviews you have installed)
5. Close the tab
6. Restart the browser

But when I do the above first step there is no "I promise to be
careful button."

Anyone have an idea how I get rid of this directing me to their
Website, or do I have to get rid of CoolPreviews?

(I'm using an older version of FF because many of the add-ons I
regularly use don't work with the newer vers of Firefox.