Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: avoid the redefinition of a function

Re: avoid the redefinition of a function

D'Arcy Cain

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:56:46 +0200
Jabba Laci <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (5) install mc
>
> You can type just "5" as user input and step_5() is called
> automatically. If I use descriptive names like install_java() then
> selecting a menu point would be more difficult. And I don't want users
> to type "java", I want to stick to simple numbers.

Your users shouldn't be working this out in any case. Consider,
computer time is cheap. Programmer time is not cheap but it is short
lived. User time is forever. Don't be lazy. Parse the input and
prepare to present proper error messages just in case your users are
not perfect.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <(E-Mail Removed)> | Democracy is three wolves
IM: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)