Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > No More Videos

No More Videos

Michael Dobony

I was pressured to upgrade from Firefox 3.5 to a new series for school
(online classes). I have tried the 4, 5, and 6 series and unfortunately I
lost almost all ability to play any videos at all. Youtube doesn't play
anymore, except rare exceptions, MSN, the news sites, weather sites, etc. I
tried going back to version and they are still not playing. Any ideas? I
really prefer FF over IE.

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:11:17 -0500, Michael Dobony wrote:

> I was pressured to upgrade from Firefox 3.5 to a new series for school
> (online classes). I have tried the 4, 5, and 6 series and unfortunately I
> lost almost all ability to play any videos at all. Youtube doesn't play
> anymore, except rare exceptions, MSN, the news sites, weather sites, etc. I
> tried going back to version and they are still not playing. Any ideas? I
> really prefer FF over IE.

Uninstall the Flash Player Plugin for Firefox, then download the
latest version / a new copy of this plugin and install it.
* IE is not affected by a problem with the Flash Player Plugin for
Firefox. IE does not use the same Flash plugin as Firefox.

1) Close Firefox
2) Go to
[Win 7] Control Panel >> Programs and Features
[Win XP] Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs
and uninstall the Adobe Flash Player Plugin, which is the plugin
used by Firefox. (Do not uninstall the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX,
which is the plugin used by IE.)
3) To be safe, restart your computer after uninstalling.
4) Go to
http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/...in-pars_header
download the "Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)" and
install it.
5) Re-start Firefox.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Michael Dobony

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:30:10 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:11:17 -0500, Michael Dobony
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I was pressured to upgrade from Firefox 3.5 to a new series for school
>>(online classes). I have tried the 4, 5, and 6 series and unfortunately I
>>lost almost all ability to play any videos at all. Youtube doesn't play
>>anymore, except rare exceptions, MSN, the news sites, weather sites, etc. I
>>tried going back to version and they are still not playing. Any ideas? I
>>really prefer FF over IE.

> I have never had the problem you describe.
>
> I have recently updated to release 15.0, maybe you should get more
> current.

My password program doesn't work with the newer versions of FF and it would
be extremely time consuming to copy the info to something that works with
the newer versions of FF.

Michael Dobony

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:11:10 +1200, Ralph Fox wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:11:17 -0500, Michael Dobony wrote:
>
>> I was pressured to upgrade from Firefox 3.5 to a new series for school
>> (online classes). I have tried the 4, 5, and 6 series and unfortunately I
>> lost almost all ability to play any videos at all. Youtube doesn't play
>> anymore, except rare exceptions, MSN, the news sites, weather sites, etc. I
>> tried going back to version and they are still not playing. Any ideas? I
>> really prefer FF over IE.

> Uninstall the Flash Player Plugin for Firefox, then download the
> latest version / a new copy of this plugin and install it.
> * IE is not affected by a problem with the Flash Player Plugin for
> Firefox. IE does not use the same Flash plugin as Firefox.
>

> 1) Close Firefox
> 2) Go to
> [Win 7] Control Panel >> Programs and Features
> [Win XP] Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs
> and uninstall the Adobe Flash Player Plugin, which is the plugin
> used by Firefox. (Do not uninstall the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX,
> which is the plugin used by IE.)
> 3) To be safe, restart your computer after uninstalling.
> 4) Go to
> http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/...in-pars_header
> download the "Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)" and
> install it.
> 5) Re-start Firefox.

Thanks, but that didn't work. It did, however, lead me to the solution. I
installed version and now it works. I also restricted updates to keep from
having to reinstall the older version that works.