Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Authentication not mapping domain user to local windows group

Authentication not mapping domain user to local windows group

=?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5n?=

Hi,

I am using local windows groups as roles in an asp.net application. In my
web.config file, I have the following:

<authentication mode="Windows" />
<authorization>
<allow roles="localmachinename\OOK_CDD" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

The problem is that when I launch the application, a challenge response box
is brought up, even though I have impersonation turned on and have anonymous
access disabled in my virtual directory options. If I type in my qualified
domain name and password, I can get to the application and everything works
fine. However, I can't figure out why either my network credentials are not
being passed to the application (I think that they are) or my authentication
evidence (domain) cannot be mapped to local windows groups.

Thoughts??

tia,

_howard

David Jessee

I just had a thought.....
does this happen when you do
http://localhost/app
and also when you use your machine name?
and when you use a fully qualified machine name? i.e. machinename.aramco.com

"howard dierking" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...