Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using Raw Data in NLTK

Using Raw Data in NLTK

subhabangalore@gmail.com

Dear Group,
I am trying to use NLTK and its statistical classifiers. The system is working fine but I am trying to use my own data, instead of things like,

from nltk.corpus import brown
from nltk.corpus import names

If any one can kindly guide me up.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Subhabrata.

Terry Reedy

On 9/7/2012 3:02 PM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Dear Group,
> I am trying to use NLTK and its statistical classifiers. The system is working fine but I am trying to use my own data, instead of things like,
>
> from nltk.corpus import brown
> from nltk.corpus import names
>
> If any one can kindly guide me up.

from mypack import mydata

The important thing is that mydata have the proper format.
I would think that the nltk docs have instructions for and examples of
using personal data

--
Terry Jan Reedy