Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Python newbie here! No module named settings

Re: Python newbie here! No module named settings

chandraganeshchowdary@gmail.com

On Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:59:48 PM UTC+5:30, Neeraj Agarwal wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a newbie to Python and its my 2nd day exploring it.
>
> I was trying to use Python wrapper for Google Charts API and was
> tweaking the examples.
> https://github.com/gak/pygooglechart...xamples/pie.py
>
> This is the script which I was trying.
>
> And the python interpreter gives the following error:
> import settings
> ImportError: No module named settings
>
> I installed Django as well before this (if its causing the problem,
> dunno)
>
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Neeraj

hi neeraj,
I am also experiencing the same problem and in my pygooglechart file i am not having both settings.py and __init__.py file so can you send me the link from where you downloaded api
Best Regards,
ganesh

Jason Friedman

>> I was trying to use Python wrapper for Google Charts API and was
>> tweaking the examples.
>> https://github.com/gak/pygooglechart...xamples/pie.py
>>
>> This is the script which I was trying.
>>
>> And the python interpreter gives the following error:
>> import settings
>> ImportError: No module named settings
>>
>> I installed Django as well before this (if its causing the problem,
>> dunno)

I searched Google for "django import settings" and found a few links
that might be helpful.