Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: why did the WindowsError occur?

Re: why did the WindowsError occur?

Mark Lawrence

On 05/09/2012 07:30, Levi Nie wrote:
> my code:
> import os
> os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')
>
> the error:
> os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')
> WindowsError: [Error 2] : 'C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer.exe'

Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
in the world

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.

Ramchandra Apte

On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 13:21:58 UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 07:30, Levi Nie wrote:
>
> > my code:

> > import os

> > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')

> > the error:

> > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')

> > WindowsError: [Error 2] : 'C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer.exe'

> Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
>
> you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
>
> help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
>
> in the world

I haven't heard anybody in a group paying money to be able to answer a question!
So it should be the lowest rates of pay in the world.

> --
>
> Cheers.
>

> Mark Lawrence.

Ramchandra Apte

On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 13:21:58 UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 07:30, Levi Nie wrote:
>
> > my code:

> > import os

> > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')

> > the error:

> > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')

> > WindowsError: [Error 2] : 'C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer.exe'

> Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
>
> you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
>
> help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
>
> in the world

I haven't heard anybody in a group paying money to be able to answer a question!
So it should be the lowest rates of pay in the world.

> --
>
> Cheers.
>

> Mark Lawrence.

Chris Angelico

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Ramchandra Apte <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 13:21:58 UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
>> you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
>> help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
>> in the world

> I haven't heard anybody in a group paying money to be able to answer a question!
> So it should be the lowest rates of pay in the world.

Technically no, but when you consider the number of man-hours that get
donated, it's pretty impressive. We may not pay money, but we sure do
pay a lot of time. And why? Because the problems are interesting and
fun to solve. There's a lot more "replay value" in this list than
there is in most video games!

ChrisA