Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > cplusplus IDE used by Google

cplusplus IDE used by Google

cesartomatis@gmail.com

Does anyone know wich is the adopted IDE by Google for cplusplus programming?

Keith Thompson

> Does anyone know wich is the adopted IDE by Google for cplusplus programming?

Why would you ask this in a C newsgroup?

Your question *might* be more topical in comp.lang.c++, though since
it's not really about the language I wouldn't be too sure of that.

Will write code for food.

Jorgen Grahn

On Tue, 2012-09-04, Keith Thompson wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>> Does anyone know wich is the adopted IDE by Google for cplusplus
>> programming?

> Why would you ask this in a C newsgroup?
>
> Your question *might* be more topical in comp.lang.c++, though since
> it's not really about the language I wouldn't be too sure of that.

If Google is like any other non-Windows place I've worked, they don't
mandate any specific IDE. (Or they do, and everyone happily ignores
it.) There will be Emacs people, Vim people, possibly Eclipse people,
and so on. As long as you work efficiently with it, and they don't
have to manage licenses or fire you for piracy, they probably don't
care.

Also I expect that to be true no matter what the language is.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

Ian Collins

On 09/ 8/12 12:16 PM, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-04, Keith Thompson wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>>> Does anyone know wich is the adopted IDE by Google for cplusplus
>>> programming?

>> Why would you ask this in a C newsgroup?
>>
>> Your question *might* be more topical in comp.lang.c++, though since
>> it's not really about the language I wouldn't be too sure of that.

> If Google is like any other non-Windows place I've worked, they don't
> mandate any specific IDE. (Or they do, and everyone happily ignores
> it.) There will be Emacs people, Vim people, possibly Eclipse people,
> and so on. As long as you work efficiently with it, and they don't
> have to manage licenses or fire you for piracy, they probably don't
> care.
>
> Also I expect that to be true no matter what the language is.

I agree, I have never forced an IDE on any of my teams or been forced to
use one as a contractor. The only feature that really matters is the
ability to use a common formatting style.

--
Ian Collins

BGB

On 9/7/2012 7:21 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
> On 09/ 8/12 12:16 PM, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
>>>
>>> Why would you ask this in a C newsgroup?
>>>
>>> Your question *might* be more topical in comp.lang.c++, though since
>>> it's not really about the language I wouldn't be too sure of that.

>> If Google is like any other non-Windows place I've worked, they don't
>> mandate any specific IDE. (Or they do, and everyone happily ignores
>> it.) There will be Emacs people, Vim people, possibly Eclipse people,
>> and so on. As long as you work efficiently with it, and they don't
>> have to manage licenses or fire you for piracy, they probably don't
>> care.
>>
>> Also I expect that to be true no matter what the language is.

> I agree, I have never forced an IDE on any of my teams or been forced to
> use one as a contractor. The only feature that really matters is the
> ability to use a common formatting style.

I had heard from someone that they had generally used Emacs though.

except maybe apart from the people who were using Eclipse or similar, ...