Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Looking for an IPC solution

Re: Looking for an IPC solution

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> There are just so many IPC modules out there. I'm looking for a
> solution for developing a new a multi-tier application. The core
> application will be running on a single computer, so the IPC should be
> using shared memory (or mmap) and have very short response times. But
> there will be a tier that will hold application state for clients, and
> there will be lots of clients. So that tier needs to go to different
> computers. E.g. the same IPC should also be accessed over TCP/IP. Most
> messages will be simple data structures, nothing complicated. The
> ability to run on PyPy would, and also to run on both Windows and
> Linux would be a plus.
>
> I have seen a stand alone cross platform IPC server before that could
> serve "channels", and send/receive messages using these channels. But
> I don't remember its name and now I cannot find it. Can somebody
> please help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laszlo

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/execnet ? It sends/receives messages through
channels, probably not the only one though. It requires only python
installed on the remote machines.

JM