Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Looking for an IPC solution

Re: Looking for an IPC solution

Antoine Pitrou

Laszlo Nagy <gandalf <at> shopzeus.com> writes:

> There are just so many IPC modules out there. I'm looking for a solution
> for developing a new a multi-tier application. The core application will
> be running on a single computer, so the IPC should be using shared
> memory (or mmap) and have very short response times. But there will be a
> tier that will hold application state for clients, and there will be
> lots of clients. So that tier needs to go to different computers. E.g.
> the same IPC should also be accessed over TCP/IP. Most messages will be
> simple data structures, nothing complicated. The ability to run on PyPy
> would, and also to run on both Windows and Linux would be a plus.

How about the standard multiprocessing module? It supports shared memory, remote
processes, and will most probably work under PyPy:
http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html

Regards

Antoine.

--