Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Basic Question. Deploy new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore

Basic Question. Deploy new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore

Ylodis

Hi,

I had an old and deprecated Master/Slave (M/S) datastore
and I trying to pass its content to a new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore as is expained here :
https://developers.google.com/appeng...RD_Application

Where it say I have to :

"appcfg.py update myapp/"

where have I to type that ?

Mark Lawrence

On 30/08/2012 16:51, Ylodis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had an old and deprecated Master/Slave (M/S) datastore
> and I trying to pass its content to a new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore as is expained here :
> https://developers.google.com/appeng...RD_Application
>
> Where it say I have to :
>
> "appcfg.py update myapp/"
>
> where have I to type that ?

The facetious answer is the keyboard as this isn't really a Python
question I haven't looked at the link but I assume you need a
console or terminal window for your OS, that's cmd for Windows for which
you might need administrator privileges as I've no idea what you're doing.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.

Ylodis

I am trying to use a Google public storage that is managed in python.

I do web developement, I have very litle idea about python, english is not my natural language and as you can see, I am very lost. I do not even now which group cold help me.

The details of what I want to do are in the link.

Terry Reedy

On 8/30/2012 11:51 AM, Ylodis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had an old and deprecated Master/Slave (M/S) datastore
> and I trying to pass its content to a new Master/Slave (M/S) datastore as is expained here :
> https://developers.google.com/appeng...RD_Application
>
> Where it say I have to :
>
> "appcfg.py update myapp/"
>
> where have I to type that ?

I have not used app engine, but ...

Since the action needs to happen on the Google servers, rather than on
your machine, I would expect that there should be a text box in the
Administration Console (looking above Deploying Your New ... .

--
Terry Jan Reedy

Ylodis

That is the question, where have I to write, and what have I to write.

My old acount was tarot-gratis, the new account is tarot-gratis-hrd.

What have I to write, where Google help says "myapp" ? Where should I write appcfg.py update 'myapp'/

On 30/08/2012 23:32, Ylodis wrote:
> That is the question, where have I to write, and what have I to write.
>
> My old acount was tarot-gratis, the new account is tarot-gratis-hrd.
>
> What have I to write, where Google help says "myapp" ? Where should I write appcfg.py update 'myapp'/

Probably where Terry Reedy told you to look some hours ago!!!

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:37:03 -0700 (PDT), Ylodis <(E-Mail Removed)>

> I am trying to use a Google public storage that is managed in python.
>
> I do web developement, I have very litle idea about python, english is not my natural language and as you can see, I am very lost. I do not even now which group cold help me.

Probably a Google AppEngine support group...
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN