Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Readline question

Readline question

Giuseppe Longo

I'm writing a small climate with the use of the readline library for
IO. It's possible to change how to display the commands list when I
press tab?

Adrian Ratnapala

On 2012-08-28, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm writing a small climate with the use of the readline library for
> IO. It's possible to change how to display the commands list when I
> press tab?

I don't know; and since this newsgroup is silent, I expect nobody else
does either. But somembody on stackoverflow.com come does know the
answer.

The other nice thing about Stack Overflow is that people there are
unlikely to tell you that this question is not about C. (I'm suprised
nobody here has done that yet).

Jorgen Grahn

On Tue, 2012-08-28, Adrian Ratnapala wrote:
> On 2012-08-28, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm writing a small climate with the use of the readline library for
>> IO. It's possible to change how to display the commands list when I
>> press tab?

> I don't know; and since this newsgroup is silent, I expect nobody else
> does either.

We're still trying to figure out what "writing a small climate" means
and if it's in our best interest to help with that

I don't know. And it's a tricky library. OP, have you tried reading
the full manual, "The Gnu Readline Library"?

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

Adrian Ratnapala

On 2012-08-29, Jorgen Grahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-28, Adrian Ratnapala wrote:
>> On 2012-08-28, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I'm writing a small climate with the use of the readline library for
>>> IO. It's possible to change how to display the commands list when I
>>> press tab?

>> I don't know; and since this newsgroup is silent, I expect nobody else
>> does either.

> We're still trying to figure out what "writing a small climate" means
> and if it's in our best interest to help with that

Obviousy he is building a robotic hurricane. A kind of Wind Elemental;
being a daemonic entitity, the robot doesn't actually need hardware. So
"writing" is an acceptable verb.