Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: What makes a mac better?

Re: What makes a mac better?

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mxsmanic
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > I'll agree that UNIX based systems are more secure than similar Windows
> > systems ...

> Not true. The Windows NT security model is much more advanced than the
> standard UNIX security model. UNIX was never designed to be secure, and it's a
> Swiss cheese. Ironically, it was inspired by Multics, still the most secure
> general-purpose operating system ever designed. But security was one of the
> things that UNIX sacrificed for the sake of simplification (it wasn't
> considered necessary back then).

what kind of drugs have you been taking, and i'd suggest taking a
smaller dose going forward.

> > ... but I'm not convinced that those reports of apple durability
> > superiority are all that accurate.

> Same hardware.

nope. not the same hardware.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > what kind of drugs have you been taking, and i'd suggest taking a
> > smaller dose going forward.

> No drugs. Just source code for all of these operating systems.

then perhaps you need some drugs to help with your hallucinations.

> > nope. not the same hardware.

> Macs are PCs in terms of hardware, except for a few minor details.

in other words, not the same. try to keep your story straight.

and it's *much* more than minor. i'd even say it's major.

how many pcs have thunderbolt? firewire 800? bluetooth 4? backlit
keyboards? retina displays?

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Mxsmanic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> nospam writes:

>> what kind of drugs have you been taking, and i'd suggest taking a
>> smaller dose going forward.

> No drugs. Just source code for all of these operating systems.

So where did you steal MS crown jewels --- and while reading
them, how come you didn't die from the absurdities? (Let me
guess, you didn't read the source ...)

-Wolfgang