Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Using .Net extensions with Win API?

Using .Net extensions with Win API?

m.skrzetuski@gmail.com

Hi there,

is it possible to use the Win API "directly" in a C++ .Net application? I would like to write a DLL Injector and build the GUI and a file logger in .Net but use functions like LoadLibrary or CreateRemoteThread.

Is it something I should not do for some reason?
Or is there something which will make this impossible for me?

Kind regards
Maciej

Tiib

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:49:06 AM UTC+3, Christian Freund wrote:
> is it possible to use the Win API "directly" in a C++ .Net application? I
> would like to write a DLL Injector and build the GUI and a file logger in
> .Net but use functions like LoadLibrary or CreateRemoteThread.

This is MS API specific question. Also MS C++/CLI that you need for building .NET application is not C++. It is like C++ is not C. So better ask from some MS forum or Stack Overflow or some-such.

88888 Dihedral

Öö Tiib於 2012年8月29日星期三UTC+8上午12時14分30 寫道:
> On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:49:06 AM UTC+3, Christian Freund wrote:
>
> > is it possible to use the Win API "directly" in a C++ .Net application?I

> > would like to write a DLL Injector and build the GUI and a file logger in

> > .Net but use functions like LoadLibrary or CreateRemoteThread.

> This is MS API specific question. Also MS C++/CLI that you need for building .NET application is not C++. It is like C++ is not C. So better ask from some MS forum or Stack Overflow or some-such.

OK, this is due to that if a software written in C or C++
or whatever has to link something under MS Windows from MS
such as Excel spread sheet, Word *.doc or whatever in IE,
then please check with MS for that kind of lazy programming to invoke
some actions.