Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Apple camera coming?

Re: Apple camera coming?

Whisky-dave

On Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:50:19 PM UTC+1, Joe Kotroczo wrote:
> On 23/08/2012 10:36, Whisky-dave wrote:

> >> You are aware that Nikon has just today officially announced the Coolpix

> >> s800c, which is a Point&Shoot running the Android mobile phone operating

> >> system.

> > Why does that matter.

> It shows that one of the major players in the stills camera market
>
> thinks that such a product is a viable proposition in the current
>
> marketplace.

Doersn;t mean Aple thinks the same it never has, whichy is where the think differnt came from, copying someone else isn;t really the Apple way.
I think they are more likely to bring out a TV or rather monitor with internet access, with the quality of a computer monitor with Apps and a minium display size of 32" .

But my guess is a 7in tablet that isn't a tablet, that coan be used a a video camera or a still camera or a web device, and email, but that's what the ipad does.

> It also shows that there is a basis for speculation about a hypothetical
>
> Apple camera since there now is an actual product that would be a direct
>
> competitor if such an Apple camera where to materialise.

It might, if Apple decide to go chasing what others are doing, I doubt they will.
Can they compete with nikon I doubt it, so they won't try.

The thing they won;lt bring out is a all in opne printer/scanner/fax machine with inbuilt coffe/capichino dispenser.