Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Affordable web design

Affordable web design

Jack Jeffers

We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for the high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us are web designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

visit our site at http://www.websitesdepot.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jack Jeffers wrote:

> We are a professional web design spammer. We charge VERYHIGH fees for
> the low quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us are
> web designer and website spammers with one SEO expert.
>
> visit our site at hxxp://www.websitesdepot.com

Hey spammer, come back after you've fixed all your errors.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.websitesdepot.com%2F>

"Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 24 Errors"

(and Transitional? A child could design an error-free Transitional page)

<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?
profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.websi tesdepot.com%2F>

"Sorry! We found the following errors (23)"

You also need to learn how to use apostrophes, how to distinguish between
singular and plural, and how to optimize images for the web.

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <k0uu93$gu7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jack Jeffers wrote:

> Hey

I *knew* you would be along asa I saw the OP's post! <g>

--
dorayme

Brian Cryer

"Jack Jeffers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for the
> high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us are web
> designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

Two words of advice:
1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join your
team.
2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that posts such
as yours are not welcome here.

--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

dorayme wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
> I *knew* you would be along asa I saw the OP's post! <g>

It was my shift.

--
-bts

Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> "Jack Jeffers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for
>> the high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us
>> are web designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

> Two words of advice:
> 1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join your team.
> 2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that posts
> such as yours are not welcome here.

Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with
garbage advice without even managing to get the subject line properly
written ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if
it's a human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth
while.

--
athel

Tim W

On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> said:
>
>> "Jack Jeffers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for
>>> the high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us
>>> are web designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

>> Two words of advice:
>> 1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join
>> your team.
>> 2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that
>> posts such as yours are not welcome here.

> Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
> that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
> for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
> which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
> advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
> ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
> human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.

I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
the hope of rising up the search engine rankings. Sometimes it is even
more blatant - you know when there is no content to the post or the
content is just keyword garbage.

Tim w

Itchy scalp? Embarassing Flaky Dandruff?
http://www.hairandscalpclinic.net

Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2012-08-21 16:22:15 +0000, Tim W said:

> On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
>> On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> said:
>>
>>> "Jack Jeffers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Two words of advice:
>>> 1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join
>>> your team.
>>> 2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that
>>> posts such as yours are not welcome here.

>> Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
>> that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
>> for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
>> which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
>> advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
>> ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
>> human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.
>>

> I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
> the hope of rising up the search engine rankings.

Probably you're right, so we should firmly resist the temptation to
click on the links provided. Or maybe one competent person --
Beauregard, say, or Dorayme -- could be licensed to follow the link and
report back, and everyone else should refrain. One click isn't going to
do much for the ranking.

On 22/08/2012 09:50, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> On 2012-08-21 16:22:15 +0000, Tim W said:
>
>> On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

>>> Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
>>> that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
>>> for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
>>> which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
>>> advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
>>> ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
>>> human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.
>>>

>> I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
>> the hope of rising up the search engine rankings.

> Probably you're right, so we should firmly resist the temptation to
> click on the links provided. Or maybe one competent person --
> Beauregard, say, or Dorayme -- could be licensed to follow the link and
> report back, and everyone else should refrain. One click isn't going to
> do much for the ranking.
>
>> Sometimes it is even more blatant - you know when there is no content
>> to the post or the content is just keyword garbage.
>>
>> Tim w
>>
>> Itchy scalp? Embarassing Flaky Dandruff?
>> http://www.hairandscalpclinic.net

iiuc it doesn't matter if you click on it or not, that makes no
diference to the ranking of the site. The google spider ranks a site by
counting incoming links. It asseses the value of the link by secret
methods which we can only guess at but it isn't able to know if the link
has been clicked or not nor how many times.

Beauregard's strange hobby of running crappy comercial sites through a
validator may be eccentric but it is quite harmless.

Tim W

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Tim W wrote:

> Beauregard's strange hobby of running crappy comercial sites through a
> validator may be eccentric but it is quite harmless.

I suppose it is just relaxing to poke a bit of fun at the spammers...

--
-bts