Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

Re: Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

Chris Angelico

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

I'm not sure what your question means. Could you rephrase, please?

Also, this document may be useful to you:

Chris Angelico

alex23

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie wrote:
> Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

No. This isn't D&D. Polymorphism has a distinct meaning in computer science, one which you would've found in less time searching Wikipedia than asking this question here.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:20 AM, alex23 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie wrote:
>> Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

> No. This isn't D&D. Polymorphism has a distinct meaning in computer science, one which you would've found in less time searching Wikipedia than asking this question here.

That said, though, I wouldn't be against someone casting Baleful
Polymorph on the odd troll...

ChrisA

Roy Smith

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris Angelico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:20 AM, alex23 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie wrote:
> >> Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

> > No. This isn't D&D. Polymorphism has a distinct meaning in computer
> > science, one which you would've found in less time searching Wikipedia than
> > asking this question here.

> That said, though, I wouldn't be against someone casting Baleful
> Polymorph on the odd troll...

Won't work. Trolls always make their random.saving_throw().