Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > __postback datagrid

__postback datagrid

leonidmk leonidmk is offline
Junior Member

I want my datagrid rows to be clickable, so that a button column is
fired when my user clicks anywhere on a row. Using Google, I figured out
how to do it, but it only works after row 8. From row 9 on, the next
page opens properly, but clicking rows 1 through 8 does nothing - the
dopostback fires, but the page does not change. If I remove this code,
the button column works fine. This sub seems to be disabling rows 1-8
for some reason.

Here's my sub:

Protected Sub DataGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs)
e.Item.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"javascript:__doPostBack('dgrDataGrid$ctl" & _
(e.Item.ItemIndex + 2) & _
"$ctl00','')")
end sub

RE: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNo?= ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:31 PM
datagrid in datagrid BK Kim ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:34 AM
Re: RequiredFieldValidator doesn't show error message and missing __postback function Peter Blum ASP .Net 0 02-25-2004 11:55 PM
Call Datagrid Command column outside datagrid Dave ASP .Net 0 11-20-2003 11:11 AM