Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Professional cameras not allowed

Re: Professional cameras not allowed

Rob

On 18/08/2012 4:43 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
> I need to get a good compact for use in places where "professional"
> cameras are not allowed.

Amazing up to now 85 posts and only one that recommends a suitable
camera plus 3 questioning it.

Small compact camera Canon Fuji - one that uses the rear view screen -
takes heaps of images stitch them if needed, gets past the camera cops.

otter

On Aug 18, 12:55*am, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 18/08/2012 4:43 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
>
> > I need to get a good compact for use in places where "professional"
> > cameras are not allowed.

> Amazing up to now 85 posts and only one that recommends a suitable
> camera plus 3 questioning it.
>
> Small compact camera Canon Fuji - one that uses the rear view screen -
> takes heaps of images stitch them if needed, gets past the camera cops.

I think Alfred already knows what he wants. If it were me, I'd
probably go with the Canon GX1, since many venues draw the line at
whether the lens is removable. But you might be able to sneak in a
NEX.

PeterN

On 8/18/2012 1:55 AM, Rob wrote:
> On 18/08/2012 4:43 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> I need to get a good compact for use in places where "professional"
>> cameras are not allowed.

> Amazing up to now 85 posts and only one that recommends a suitable
> camera plus 3 questioning it.
>
> Small compact camera Canon Fuji - one that uses the rear view screen -
> takes heaps of images stitch them if needed, gets past the camera cops.

Slow news day?

--
Peter

PeterN

On 8/18/2012 3:26 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-08-18 00:02:44 -0700, otter <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Amazing up to now 85 posts and only one that recommends a suitable
>>> camera plus 3 questioning it.
>>>
>>> Small compact camera Canon Fuji - one that uses the rear view screen -
>>> takes heaps of images stitch them if needed, gets past the camera cops.

>> I think Alfred already knows what he wants. If it were me, I'd
>> probably go with the Canon GX1, since many venues draw the line at
>> whether the lens is removable. But you might be able to sneak in a
>> NEX.

> That seems like a sensible choice. I have been satisfied with my G11 as
> my compact, when not carrying my D300s, but the larger sensor in the GX1
> would be a nice upgrade, and cover the removable lens issue nicely.

What about a small telephoto for the iPhone?

<http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-telephoto-lens/>

<http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/>

--
Peter