Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python 2.7 import socket urllib fails to load, module not found

Python 2.7 import socket urllib fails to load, module not found

Emile van Sebille

On 8/17/2012 2:22 PM http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said...
>> Done - tail end of the python path had a missing bit...grrrrr... thanks so much

> Well it's bizarre - now it doesn't. did an import sys from within interpreter, then did import socket. Worked the first time. Restarted and it happened again. The sys.path outputs are identical. The print socket.__file__ reveals a file that is in the sys.path...grrrr.

Next, I'd check for rogue versions of _socket.pyd in directories
occuring in sys.path.

Emile