Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Auto-attach to process 'aspnet_wp.exe' on machine failed

Auto-attach to process 'aspnet_wp.exe' on machine failed

=?Utf-8?B?UmVzaG1hIFByYWJodQ==?=

I am getting follwoing error while trying to debug through IDE

Auto-attach to process '[2300] aspnet_wp.exe' on machine machinename failed.
Error code 0x8013134b.

Can any tell me please how to solve this

I have tried everything giving every rights to ASpNet user but still
unsuccessful

Thanks,

Scott Allen

There are some trouble shooting at the following URL (including mention of
the specific error number you see):
http://blogs.msdn.com/mkpark/articles/86872.aspx

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

> I am getting follwoing error while trying to debug through IDE
>
> Auto-attach to process '[2300] aspnet_wp.exe' on machine machinename
> failed. Error code 0x8013134b.
>
> Can any tell me please how to solve this
>
> I have tried everything giving every rights to ASpNet user but still
> unsuccessful
>
> Thanks,

jobo jobo is offline
Junior Member

HI Scott,

That link says simply:
Quote:
Case 3: if you see “0x8013134b” error code on output window, you may have two different versions of CLRs. In that case, you need to register “aspnet_isap.dll” from the CLR which is matched your VS version.
So my question becomes how do I know what CLR versions I may have, and what component am I registering it with, and how do I do that?

Thanks!
Joe

venvaithi venvaithi is offline
Junior Member

Just go to the properties of the virutal directory in IIS and select the correct version of the ASP.Net the application uses. If you had installed both versions of Microsoft.NET Framework then, versions 1.xxx, & 2.xxx will be avaliable in the dropdown box and you have to select the correct one.