Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: [ANNC] pybotwar-0.8

Re: [ANNC] pybotwar-0.8

Terry Reedy

On 8/16/2012 11:40 AM, Ramchandra Apte wrote:

> Look you are the only person complaining about top-posting.

No he is not. Recheck all the the responses.

> GMail uses top-posting by default.

It only works if everyone does it.

> I can't help it if you feel irritated by it.

Your out-of-context comments are harder to understand. I mostly do not
read them.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

Walter Hurry

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:20:29 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 8/16/2012 11:40 AM, Ramchandra Apte wrote:
>
>> Look you are the only person complaining about top-posting.

> No he is not. Recheck all the the responses.
>
>> GMail uses top-posting by default.

> It only works if everyone does it.
>
>> I can't help it if you feel irritated by it.

> Your out-of-context comments are harder to understand. I mostly do not
> read them.

It's strange, but I don't even *see* his contributions (I am using a
regular newsreader - on comp.lang.python - and I don't have him in the
bozo bin). It doesn't sound as though I'm missing much.

But I'm just curious. Any idea why that would be the case?

Hans Mulder

On 16/08/12 23:34:25, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:20:29 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
>
>> On 8/16/2012 11:40 AM, Ramchandra Apte wrote:
>>
>>> Look you are the only person complaining about top-posting.

>> No he is not. Recheck all the the responses.
>>
>>> GMail uses top-posting by default.

>> It only works if everyone does it.
>>
>>> I can't help it if you feel irritated by it.

>> Your out-of-context comments are harder to understand. I mostly do not
>> read them.

> It's strange, but I don't even *see* his contributions (I am using a
> regular newsreader - on comp.lang.python - and I don't have him in the
> bozo bin). It doesn't sound as though I'm missing much.

I don't see him either. That is to say: my ISP doesn't have his
posts in comp.lang.python, The group gmane.comp.python.general
on Gname has them. so if you're really curious, you can point
your NNTP client at news.gmane.org.

> But I'm just curious. Any idea why that would be the case?

Maybe there's some kind of filer in the mail->usenet gateway?

HTH,

-- HansM

Prasad, Ramit

> I'll be using Google Groups (hopefully it won't top-post by default) to post stuff.

Thanks for not top-posting. Even if it is the default, it is
not difficult to change.

Ramit

Jamie Paul Griffin

[ Ramchandra Apte wrote on Sat 18.Aug'12 at 19:21:03 +0530 ]

> I'll be using Google Groups (hopefully it won't top-post by default) to
> post stuff.

You are encouraged to get used to it i'm afraid as any mailing list you use, its users will prefer you to use the correct formatting of responses.

You can change the settings in Gmail web interface or use an MUA and configure that.

Ramchandra Apte

On Tuesday, 21 August 2012 12:41:39 UTC+5:30, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
> [ Ramchandra Apte wrote on Sat 18.Aug'12 at 19:21:03 +0530 ]
>

> > I'll be using Google Groups (hopefully it won't top-post by default) to

> > post stuff.

> You are encouraged to get used to it i'm afraid as any mailing list you use, its users will prefer you to use the correct formatting of responses.
>

> You can change the settings in Gmail web interface or use an MUA and configure that.

Enough of OT.