Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Identical Pix

Re: Identical Pix

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Dudley Hanks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> Here's a copy of an image that I've tried to convert to black by looking
>> for identical pixels, using two nearly identical pics.

>> I've built in a bit of a cushion, but there's still a couple hundred
>> thousand pixels that don't convert to black.

>> Could the rogue pixels be due to noise?

>> Appreciate any feedback you can offer.

> Of course, it always helps to include a link (sheepish grin) ...

> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TestImg.jpg

Looks like an edge detect image. Pixels don't get black because
the images are slightly misaligned and that shows clearly where
the difference gradient is steep --- i.e. edges.

It's absolutely not noise, noise would be distributed more or
less evenly over the (especially) darker image areas.

Thus you need to register the images pixel-identical to each other.
There are HDR and panorama tools that can do that --- even open
source solutions.

-Wolfgang