Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria

 
 
Terry Reedy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2012
On 8/15/2012 6:07 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 15/08/2012 20:15, Tamer Higazi wrote:
>> Exactly!
>> NOT PROGRAMMING related has NOTHING TODO HERE!
>>

>
> Please don't shout, please don't top post


agreed.

> and what gives you the right
> to determine what is or is not on topic here?


The same right as anyone.

> The subject is also
> clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?


But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.
Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.

Marking something OT does not excuse it. It should still be related. We
cannot allow 1000s of OT posts a day, marked OT or not.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2012
On 16/08/2012 01:01, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 8/15/2012 6:07 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 15/08/2012 20:15, Tamer Higazi wrote:
>>> Exactly!
>>> NOT PROGRAMMING related has NOTHING TODO HERE!
>>>

>>
>> Please don't shout, please don't top post

>
> agreed.
>
>> and what gives you the right
>> to determine what is or is not on topic here?

>
> The same right as anyone.
>
>> The subject is also
>> clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?

>
> But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.


Then I humbly suggest you re-watch The Holy Grail.

~Andrew

> Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
> the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.
>
> Marking something OT does not excuse it. It should still be related. We
> cannot allow 1000s of OT posts a day, marked OT or not.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2012
On 16/08/2012 01:52, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 16/08/2012 01:01, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 8/15/2012 6:07 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>> On 15/08/2012 20:15, Tamer Higazi wrote:
>>>> Exactly!
>>>> NOT PROGRAMMING related has NOTHING TODO HERE!
>>>>
>>>
>>> Please don't shout, please don't top post

>>
>> agreed.
>>
>>> and what gives you the right
>>> to determine what is or is not on topic here?

>>
>> The same right as anyone.
>>
>>> The subject is also
>>> clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?

>>
>> But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.

>
> Then I humbly suggest you re-watch The Holy Grail.
>
> ~Andrew
>
>> Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
>> the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.


P.S. - There is certainly a video. It just takes an obnoxiously long
time to load.

>>
>> Marking something OT does not excuse it. It should still be related. We
>> cannot allow 1000s of OT posts a day, marked OT or not.
>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
PythonAB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2012

On 16 aug 2012, at 02:56, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> On 16/08/2012 01:52, Andrew Cooper wrote:
>> On 16/08/2012 01:01, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>> On 8/15/2012 6:07 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>>> On 15/08/2012 20:15, Tamer Higazi wrote:
>>>>> Exactly!
>>>>> NOT PROGRAMMING related has NOTHING TODO HERE!
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please don't shout, please don't top post
>>>
>>> agreed.
>>>
>>>> and what gives you the right
>>>> to determine what is or is not on topic here?
>>>
>>> The same right as anyone.
>>>
>>>> The subject is also
>>>> clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?
>>>
>>> But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.

>>
>> Then I humbly suggest you re-watch The Holy Grail.
>>
>> ~Andrew
>>
>>> Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
>>> the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.

>
> P.S. - There is certainly a video. It just takes an obnoxiously long
> time to load.
>
>>>
>>> Marking something OT does not excuse it. It should still be related. We
>>> cannot allow 1000s of OT posts a day, marked OT or not.
>>>

>>

>


I agree, adding "OT" shouldn't be an excuse to just post anything people want,
should it?

The URL has absolutely nothing to do with python whatsoever. At least not here
as I can view it in The Netherlands.
It's a news item about the 'rebels' in Syria who supposedly shot down this fighterplane.
How someone can link that to Monty Python is worth a oscar for storytelling i think...

gr
arno
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria Dotan Cohen Python 0 08-16-2012 04:30 PM
Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria Mark Lawrence Python 0 08-15-2012 10:07 PM
Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria Tamer Higazi Python 0 08-15-2012 07:15 PM
Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria Dotan Cohen Python 0 08-15-2012 02:42 PM
OT: Monty Python in Syria Dotan Cohen Python 0 08-15-2012 02:41 PM



Advertisments