Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session state management simple problem

Session state management simple problem

=?Utf-8?B?cG11ZA==?=

Hi,

In my ASP.NET application, the user has to enter a large amount of data so
that with submit button click all this information can go to SQL database.Wen
the user clicks submit, he is redirected to the Confirmation page.

For a certain number of records, data in half of the text boxes( which user
has to enter) doesnt change. So, I have a text box where teh user enters the
number of records in which the information in those half text boxes doesnt
change. Suppose the user entered 5 in this box, then 5 times whne the user is
directed to the Confirmation page & when he comes back from there, he should
see the same values (in half the text boxes) as he had entered for the 1st
record & the other half text boxes should be cleare up.

I think this is something which would be easy to do using state management.
But how to go about doing it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
--
pmud

rocky

i guess yr problem can be solved if u maintain viewstate
of 1st page try to use it in other pages...

=?Utf-8?B?cG11ZA==?=

Hi Rocky,

I will try to use viewstate. Anybody has any other ideas?