Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: JComboBox with IDentifiers

Re: JComboBox with IDentifiers

Sax

From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-nlb-this

From: "Sax@DIST" <(E-Mail Removed)>

Hi People,
thanks a lot for your kind replies. 0

I'll (try to) follow your suggests for JAVA programming in the future, as I'm
working in JAVA language since a few days, and I didn't find any solution to my
needs, so I wrote this one in the while of finding info about my needs! 0;-P

BtW: which is the best place where to find (lots of simple) examples for
learning the JAVA philosophy; for example: a *good and simple* solution for
this problem? 08-?

PS: I must use the Eclipse environment in the development of this small
project, as it's part of a bigger one! 08-!

Thanks a lot again,
Roberto. 0

On Friday, August 10, 2012 11:41:33 PM UTC+2, Sax@DIST wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> here I am again with another amazing trouble! 0
> I need to create a JComboBox containing a list of Items,
> each of which has its own IDentifier!
> So: when I select an Item of the JComboBox,
> I need to get its IDentifier
> (ie: its ID in a DataBase Table).
> I wrote the following four classes example,
> and I hope this could help someone else with my same needs!

-+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
+ Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/3
-+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/3
--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

markspace

To: Sax
From: "markspace" <markspace@1:261/38.remove-nlb-this>

To: Sax@DIST
From: markspace <-@.>

On 8/12/2012 2:03 PM, Sax@DIST wrote:

> BtW: which is the best place where to find (lots of simple) examples
> for learning the JAVA philosophy; for example: a *good and simple*
> solution for this problem? 08-?

Well, I still don't know what the problem is, other than "I don't know Java."
(Note spelling--not all caps.) Anything you read now should help, since you
are just beginning. Here's two ideas, both from the Java tutorial (which you
should certainly read).

JCombobox:

<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/combobox.html>

Database connections: