Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 1.0, W98 and bookmarks

Firefox 1.0, W98 and bookmarks

Jay Catter

Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the default ?

Jay Catter

Jay Catter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the default ?

Forget about this post. I worked around by setting different profiles as a
whole, not just bookmarks.

Leonidas Jones

Jay Catter wrote:
> Jay Catter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>

>>Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the default ?

> Forget about this post. I worked around by setting different profiles as a
> whole, not just bookmarks.

To answer the original question though, yes:

In about:config, right click and select Add. Create a new string pref
called:

browser.bookmarks.file

Set the value to the path of your bookmarks file.

Lee

Jay Catter

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:sVv8d.490614$(E-Mail Removed):

> Jay Catter wrote:
>> Jay Catter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>

>>>Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the
>>>default ?

> In about:config, right click and select Add. Create a new string pref
> called:
>
> browser.bookmarks.file
>
> Set the value to the path of your bookmarks file.
>
> Lee

Thank you for your answer. Is there any place where to learn about all
these "tricks" or hidden parameters ?