Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Does anyone have an activate script for portable python?

Does anyone have an activate script for portable python?

Gelonida N

Hi,

In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
properly.

Further there is the deactivate script to set the environment back to
it's state before calling activate.

Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

If anybody wrote already such scripts, then couldn't they be added to
the official portable python release?

I never used portable python so far but can't imagine, that I'm the only
one who'd like such a script.

alex23

On Aug 12, 9:09*am, Gelonida N <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
> script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
> path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
> properly.
> Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

Portable Python is just Python with some helper scripts for not
requiring a system installation.

So "command-line-command-to-run-portable-python virtualenv <venv-
name>" should be all you need.

Gelonida N

On 08/13/2012 02:12 AM, alex23 wrote:
> On Aug 12, 9:09 am, Gelonida N <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
>> script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
>> path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
>> properly.
>> Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

> Portable Python is just Python with some helper scripts for not
> requiring a system installation.
>
> So "command-line-command-to-run-portable-python virtualenv <venv-
> name>" should be all you need.

Hmm I guess I didn't express myself very well.

The idea is to easily create a cmd window, that the path is setup in
order to point to portably python by default.

At a first glance at Portable Python it seemed to me, that this doesn't
exist.

Having a small icon to click at, that opens a cmd window with the right
setup or just a .bat file, that could be called to adapt the setup of an
existing cmd window.

It's not too difficult to write such scipts, but I though it would be
interesting to see whether I'm the only one missing such feature in
portable Python.