Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't See Popups

Can't See Popups

Your Worst Nightmare

Whenever Firefox 1.0 blocks a popup I want to see, I click on the bar
and click on "Show foo" but it NEVER works. This is incredibly
irritating. I have tabbrowser extensions installed. I don't know if it's
a setting in there (if it is, I can't find it) or a setting in Firefox.
I don't want to have to reinstall Firefox because either I will have to
reset all my settings, or it won't clear my settings when I remove it.
Please help.
--
"I always thought I liked animals,
then I discovered that I like killing people even more."

Leonidas Jones

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
> Whenever Firefox 1.0 blocks a popup I want to see, I click on the bar
> and click on "Show foo" but it NEVER works. This is incredibly
> irritating. I have tabbrowser extensions installed. I don't know if it's
> a setting in there (if it is, I can't find it) or a setting in Firefox.
> I don't want to have to reinstall Firefox because either I will have to
> reset all my settings, or it won't clear my settings when I remove it.
> Please help.

Can't remember the last popup I actually wanted to see. Still, TBE can
cause all sorts of problems. I use it and I love, but I battle with
fairly often

Are you using the most recent TBE, the 9/28 version? If not, uninstall
TBE. Then check to see if the problem still occurs. If not, its
probably TBE, so install the new version.

If you have the latest, you can try disabling it, and see if you still
have your problem.

Lee

Your Worst Nightmare

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
>
>> Whenever Firefox 1.0 blocks a popup I want to see, I click on the bar
>> and click on "Show foo" but it NEVER works. This is incredibly
>> irritating. I have tabbrowser extensions installed. I don't know if
>> it's a setting in there (if it is, I can't find it) or a setting in
>> Firefox. I don't want to have to reinstall Firefox because either I
>> will have to reset all my settings, or it won't clear my settings when
>> I remove it. Please help.

> Can't remember the last popup I actually wanted to see. Still, TBE can
> cause all sorts of problems. I use it and I love, but I battle with
> fairly often
>
> Are you using the most recent TBE, the 9/28 version? If not, uninstall
> TBE. Then check to see if the problem still occurs. If not, its
> probably TBE, so install the new version.
>
> If you have the latest, you can try disabling it, and see if you still
> have your problem.
>
> Lee

Uninstalling TBE did it. I was going to try that a while ago, but I
couldn't get the site to load and forgot about it.