Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: JComboBox with IDentifiers

Re: JComboBox with IDentifiers

markspace

From: markspace <-@.>

On 8/10/2012 2:41 PM, Roberto Sagoleo wrote:
> Hi Guys, here I am again with another amazing trouble! 0
>
> I need to create a JComboBox containing a list of Items, each of
> which has its own IDentifier!
>
> So: when I select an Item of the JComboBox, I need to get its
> IDentifier (ie: its ID in a DataBase Table).
>
> I wrote the following four classes example, and I hope this could
> help someone else with my same needs!

Honestly I think your code is overly baroque, and doesn't follow Java coding
conventions. So it's not really useful.

Take a look at the tutorials here, to see some examples that I think are more
useful:

<http://netbeans.org/kb/trails/tools.html>

Let's extend this question somewhat: There's a "database inspector" built into
NetBeans, but I find it clumsy. Do people use GUI-based database
inspector/administration tools? Which ones do you like? If you were spec-ing
a Java version, what features would you like to see?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/3
--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98