Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > X-no-Archive?

X-no-Archive?

small change

where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

tia

Leonidas Jones

small change wrote:
> where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?
>
> tia

Install Mnenhy:

http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

Lee

.brian.

(On 10/4/2004 7:01 PM) small change wrote:
> where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

As Lee suggested, you can install Mnenhy. Or you can simply add the
following line to your 'user.js' file:

// Add No-Archive Header Option
user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive");

If there isn't a 'user.js', simply create the file in Notepad and save
it as 'user.js to your profile, in the same area that prefs.js exists'.

If you add the above line, then you will have the ability to select
X-No-Archive from the 'To' field by clicking on the down arrow.

Either way works.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Pun Krocker

On this day, 05/10/2004 00:01, small change said the following:
> where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?
>
> tia

Make a user script and add this :

user_pref("mail.identity.id#.headers", "whatever");
user_pref("mail.identity.id#.header.whatever", "X-No-Archive: yes");

This will add it to all outgoing on the acount named.

Source:
http://ilias.ca/Xnoarchive.html

--
d[_]b PK

interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read."

Caploc

..brian. wrote:

> (On 10/4/2004 7:01 PM) small change wrote:
>
>> where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

> As Lee suggested, you can install Mnenhy. Or you can simply add the
> following line to your 'user.js' file:
>
> // Add No-Archive Header Option
> user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive");
>
> If there isn't a 'user.js', simply create the file in Notepad and save
> it as 'user.js to your profile, in the same area that prefs.js exists'.
>
> If you add the above line, then you will have the ability to select
> X-No-Archive from the 'To' field by clicking on the down arrow.
>
> Either way works.

Or use this to automate it.

// Headers to always add to outgoing mail
user_pref("mail.identity.id?.headers", "header1");
user_pref("mail.identity.id?.header.header1", "X-No-Archive: Yes");

Follow this thread to conclusion, it answers a lot of queries.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...=763806#763806

If you have no luck ask again here.
Cappy