Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem with installing FPSE

Problem with installing FPSE

=?Utf-8?B?Q2N1bG9u?=

I have tried to install FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions on my Wins XP Pro
computer in order to work on ASP.NET, but its behavior is weird as following.
1. When I go to Computer Management, and double click to expand IIS, the
hour glass appeared and stayed there forever. I had to 'kill' the process.
2. After surfing on the internet and log out, suddently there is a Save As
of Administrative Tools dialog box appeared, and the dialog box of MMC.EXE
appeared also with the "End Program" button. This MMC.EXE dialog box kept
appear even though I clicked on the "End Program" button.
3. I installed SP 2 BEFORE install IIS and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions.

Can you tell me what the problem is and what is the solution for this.
Another question, can I install Visual Studio .NET 2002 with SP2?
Thanks,
Curie

WJ

"Cculon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> 3. I installed SP 2 BEFORE install IIS and FrontPage 2000 Server
> Extensions.

1 Normally I would install products in the following sequence (out of the
XP box): XP, IIS, FPSE, .NetFW
2. Install MS/VS.Net software. This product alone will make sure that you
have the required stuffs to build a .Net App.
3. Finally, install XP Service Pack 2.

This way, XP/SP2 will fix everything for you. The way I understand is: If
you remove, say IIS-5, after SP2 installed, and later decide to reinstall
IIS-5, you will have to re-apply XP/SP2 unless XP/SP2 does not deal with
IIS-5, but I doubt it.

So, my suggestion is to re-apply XP/SP2 to see if it fixes the problem you
are facing ! Otherwise, the best time saver is to rebuild the box!

John

FPSE and IIS RPK ASP .Net 1 10-23-2007 10:21 PM
How to fix sp1 breaking asp.net remote development on windows 2003 via FPSE?? jpegny ASP .Net 0 07-03-2006 04:18 PM
Error ! - FPSE is not configured =?Utf-8?B?TWVybGluZSBNYXJ0aW5h?= ASP .Net 1 11-29-2004 10:15 AM
Migration tool does not migrate FPSE user permissions on IIS 6.0with UNC share Amol Shambharker ASP .Net 1 04-30-2004 02:39 PM
ASP.NET Permissions and FPSE Keith ASP .Net 1 02-02-2004 05:05 PM

Advertisments