Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Ko counter in Test Bench

Ko counter in Test Bench

imed imed is offline
Junior Member

Hi!
What's the best way to handle KO number in test benches?
- manually increment a counter inside TB code?
- do all the checks through a procedure which increment the err_cnt as a shared variable ?
- what to do if you have, besides your TB, an assertions module that is active all the time ? same issue when you have a comparison module that is run at the end of your tests
all these modules are activated in parallel to the main TB and they may return Ko as well.

If you have an answer to any of these questions I would be thankful.

Test bench for a counter for vga hsync and vsync snjsteve VHDL 0 10-09-2011 09:10 PM
VHDL Test Bench + Help SneakerNet VHDL 3 03-03-2010 09:00 AM
How do I read binary file data in a test bench? Pete Fraser VHDL 4 11-04-2004 02:51 AM
Xilinx test bench and user group Joseph A. Zammit VHDL 3 04-21-2004 06:14 PM