Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Code To Pick A Date From A Calendar

Re: Code To Pick A Date From A Calendar

Arne Vajh°j

To: Mike Winter
From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
<=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-qhs-this>

To: Mike Winter
From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
<=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-p82-this>

To: Mike Winter
From: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= <(E-Mail Removed)>

On 8/6/2012 8:07 PM, Mike Winter wrote:
> On 07/08/2012 00:30, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
>
>> Obviously code posted here is copyrighted.
>>
>> The question is whether posting to usenet implicit
>> provides a "permissible license".
>>
>> Web fora where users has to register can require an
>> explicit accept.
>>
>> SO:
>>
>> You agree that all Subscriber Content that You contribute to the Network
>> is perpetually and irrevocably licensed to Stack Exchange under the
>> Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. You grant Stack
>> Exchange the perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, copy,
>> cache, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works and
>> store such Subscriber Content and to allow others to do so in any medium
>> now known or hereinafter developed (rContent License%) in order to
>> provide the Services, even if such Subscriber Content has been
>> contributed and subsequently removed by You.
>>
>> E-E:
>>
>> By registering with Experts Exchange and posting Your Content on the
>> Site, you hereby: (i) grant Experts Exchange a non-exclusive, perpetual,
>> irrevocable, unrestricted, transferable, fully sub-licensable,
>> worldwide, royalty-free license to use, distribute, display, reproduce,
>> perform, modify, adapt, publish, translate and create derivative works
>> from Your Content in any form, media or technology, whether now-known or
>> hereafter developed;
>>
>> I would argue that usenet posts via tradition, logic and
>> similarity comes with an implicit license for free
>> usage by anyone.

> If I'm not mistaken, those sorts of licenses are merely to permit sites
> that retain user submissions to store that content and resend it others
> in some form (usually forums) without infringing on copyright. It
> doesn't automatically allow other users to use that content as it's the
> site that is granted the license--the work isn't placed into the Public
> Domain.
>
> Of course, these licenses do mean that such websites could, in
> principle, take someones hard work and use it themselves even though the
> original creator retains ownership.
>
> I would argue that the "to allow others" phrase in the Stack Exchange
> terms is intended to refer only to third-parties that work with them to
> provide or develop its services rather than others generally, but it's
> ill-defined here and could extend to anyone SE deems applicable.

Without any limitation mentioned I would expect that other could be literally
anyone.

Study of "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike" may provide more insight,
but I am not on SO so I do not care much.

Arne

Arne

Arne

-+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
+ Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/3
-+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98