Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows, Newbie wireless networking questions

Windows, Newbie wireless networking questions

anonymous

If the PORN spam hasn't cleaned out this group, does anyone remain who would discuss some wireless networking issues?

Thanks,

Anon

anonymous

I have a W/XP system on a DSL connection. I recently installed a wireless router to support a new W/7 laptop. All IP access from both systems is just fine but, I can't seem to enable any resource sharing from the W/7 laptop back to the W/XP desktop. The desktop is wired to the router, the laptop is wireless. From the respective network graphics, neither system recognizes/shows the presence of the other. I did run through the network setup wizard on the XP system. But not the wireless network wizard, vecause the XP system is not wireless. This seems quite elementary, but I'm beginning to wonderif my share need can be supported?

Thanks....

anonymous

Thanks, I'll take a look, and follow-up.