Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > login example

login example

Giuseppe Longo

Hello,
anyone can show me a simple login example in C?

Thanks,
Regards.

Nick Keighley

On Aug 8, 8:45*am, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> anyone can show me a simple login example in C?

what's a "login example"? A program that logs itself in?
How would it do that? What is it running on before it logs
in? Possibly you might be thinking of some sort of remote
login. Try rsh maybe. Rethink your question and ask it
again on /comp.unix.programmer. [hi kenny!]

Giuseppe Longo

On 8 Ago, 10:04, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Aug 8, 8:45*am, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > anyone can show me a simple login example in C?

> what's a "login example"? A program that logs itself in?
> How would it do that? What is it running on before it logs
> in? Possibly you might be thinking of some sort of remote
> login. Try rsh maybe. *Rethink your question and ask it
> again on /comp.unix.programmer. [hi kenny!]

Hi Nick,
Yes, a program that logs itself in.

Thanks

Keith Thompson

Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On 8 Ago, 10:04, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> On Aug 8, 8:45*am, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > anyone can show me a simple login example in C?

>> what's a "login example"? A program that logs itself in?
>> How would it do that? What is it running on before it logs
>> in? Possibly you might be thinking of some sort of remote
>> login. Try rsh maybe. *Rethink your question and ask it
>> again on /comp.unix.programmer. [hi kenny!]

> Hi Nick,
> Yes, a program that logs itself in.

A program that logs itself into what, exactly?

If I understand you correctly, C doesn't provide any mechanisms for what
you want to do. I suggest posting in a newsgroup that deals with
whatever operating system you're using, and provide more informationa
about what you're trying to do.

Will write code for food.

Nick Keighley

On Aug 8, 9:19*am, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 8 Ago, 10:04, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 8, 8:45*am, Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > anyone can show me a simple login example in C?

> > what's a "login example"? A program that logs itself in?
> > How would it do that? What is it running on before it logs
> > in? Possibly you might be thinking of some sort of remote
> > login. Try rsh maybe. *Rethink your question and ask it
> > again on /comp.unix.programmer. [hi kenny!]

> Yes, a program that logs itself in.

and what about the other questions and the suggestion?

Giuseppe Longo

Ok, im trying to explain better: im writing a little code that
interacts with user logged.
Example:

Im log-in in my linux box, my programs runs, and the problem was here:
There is a method to get info about the user logged?
Info about, home path, uid, gid...

Joachim Schmitz

Giuseppe Longo wrote:
> Ok, im trying to explain better: im writing a little code that
> interacts with user logged.
> Example:
>
> Im log-in in my linux box, my programs runs, and the problem was here:
> There is a method to get info about the user logged?
> Info about, home path, uid, gid...

Yes, there is, in POSIX: getpwuid(), getpwent(), getpwnam(). But neither is
topical here, so better go to comp.unix.programmer as others told you
already...

bye, Jojo

Nomen Nescio

> Giuseppe Longo <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > On 8 Ago, 10:04, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

#include <login.h>

int main() {
login();
}

> >> what's a "login example"? A program that logs itself in?
> >> How would it do that? What is it running on before it logs
> >> in? Possibly you might be thinking of some sort of remote
> >> login. Try rsh maybe. *Rethink your question and ask it
> >> again on /comp.unix.programmer. [hi kenny!]

> > Hi Nick,
> > Yes, a program that logs itself in.

There you have it. Logging out is left as a (futile) exercise to the reader.

> A program that logs itself into what, exactly?

Into whatever, dude!

> I suggest posting in a newsgroup that deals with whatever operating system

comp.os.imaginary.os

> you're using, and provide more informationa about what you're trying to
> do.

Didn't realize you spoke Italian. You're multi-talented! I'll have 2 slices
and a coke, thank you very much.

fmassei@gmail.com

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:01:56 PM UTC+2, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> > you're using, and provide more informationa about what you're trying to
> > do.

> Didn't realize you spoke Italian. You're multi-talented! I'll have 2 slices
> and a coke, thank you very much.

ahah.