Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: London, Eye Level

Re: London, Eye Level

Tim Conway

"Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From most of the trainers I've talked to, England has the best trained
> guide dogs anywhere. And, after skulking around London, Southampton,
> Newcastle, etc, I can appreciate why. Indeed, it took quite a while to
> get used to how traffic flows, not to mention the sheer volume.
>
> Still, I have to say that Mich met the UK challenge quite well.
>
> When trying to capture the shot below, Mich and I worked our way through
> some of the busiest areas of London, aiming for a spot on the Westminster
> Bridge where we could shoot the London Eye.
>
> There were so many people, Mich couldn't see 6 inches in front of his
> nose, through a nearly solid wall of pedestrians. Even following my son
> was tough, as people kept cutting in between, so Mich couldn't keep a bead
> on him.
>
> Eventually, though, we fought our way to a vantage spot, and I managed to
> squeeze off a few shots.
>
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/LondonEye.jpg

wow! definitely not your average ferris wheel. good shot!

DaveC

> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/JMG_2040.jpg

Yeah, but the one in London actually goes all the way to the top!

David Taylor

On 07/08/2012 04:34, DaveC wrote:
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/JMG_2040.jpg

> Yeah, but the one in London actually goes all the way to the top!

... as does the Singapore Flyer! <G>

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12622230/20...25-1002-00.jpg
--
Cheers,
David

Tim Conway

"Eric Stevens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 07:07:50 +0100, David Taylor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Yeah, but the one in London actually goes all the way to the top!

>>.. as does the Singapore Flyer! <G>
>>
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12622230/20...25-1002-00.jpg

> And the bottom too! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/IMG_1439.JPG
> --

dizzying! and to think I used to climb around a bridge when I was younger.
Not any more...that's way too high.

PeterN

On 8/7/2012 4:52 AM, Tim Conway wrote:

> "Eric Stevens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 07:07:50 +0100, David Taylor
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> .. as does the Singapore Flyer! <G>
>>>
>>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12622230/20...25-1002-00.jpg

>> And the bottom too! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/IMG_1439.JPG
>> --
>>

> dizzying! and to think I used to climb around a bridge when I was
> younger. Not any more...that's way too high.

Most of us did things like that in our younger days. I climbed into the
tubes of Mt. Vesivius. I hear they wont allow that today.

--
Peter

otter

On Aug 7, 3:12*pm, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 8/7/2012 4:52 AM, Tim Conway wrote:
>

> > "Eric Stevens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> >> And the bottom too!https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/IMG_1439.JPG
> >> --

> > dizzying! *and to think I used to climb around a bridge when I was
> > younger. Not any more...that's way too high. *

> Most of us did things like that in our younger days. I climbed into the
> tubes of Mt. Vesivius. I hear they wont allow that today.
>
> --
> Peter

Some friends of mine climbed into the tubes of Mt St Helens (years
before it exploded). I didn't go, because it didn't seem all that
interesting to me, it being just a black cave with the risk of hitting
your head the whole way. The other folks that went seemed to enjoy
it, though.

I did, however, make the trek up to the Paradise Ice Caves on Mt
Rainier. Inside, we noticed a large chunk of ice about the size of a
car that had recently fallen from the ceiling. Ah, to be young and
stupid again.

PeterN

On 8/8/2012 12:05 AM, otter wrote:
> On Aug 7, 3:12 pm, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 8/7/2012 4:52 AM, Tim Conway wrote:

<snip>

>> Most of us did things like that in our younger days. I climbed into the
>> tubes of Mt. Vesivius. I hear they wont allow that today.
>>
>> --
>> Peter

> Some friends of mine climbed into the tubes of Mt St Helens (years
> before it exploded). I didn't go, because it didn't seem all that
> interesting to me, it being just a black cave with the risk of hitting
> your head the whole way. The other folks that went seemed to enjoy
> it, though.
>
> I did, however, make the trek up to the Paradise Ice Caves on Mt
> Rainier. Inside, we noticed a large chunk of ice about the size of a
> car that had recently fallen from the ceiling. Ah, to be young and
> stupid again.

I'll settle for young.
If somehow I could go back in time and explain to me, at my younger age,
what I was doing or about to do, that was stupid, I would not have
listened to myself.
So I guess being stupid is part of being young.

--
Peter