Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: London, Eye Level

Re: London, Eye Level

Robert Coe

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 18:08:37 -0600, "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
: From most of the trainers I've talked to, England has the best trained guide
: dogs anywhere. And, after skulking around London, Southampton, Newcastle,
: etc, I can appreciate why. Indeed, it took quite a while to get used to how
: traffic flows, not to mention the sheer volume.
:
: Still, I have to say that Mich met the UK challenge quite well.
:
: When trying to capture the shot below, Mich and I worked our way through
: some of the busiest areas of London, aiming for a spot on the Westminster
: Bridge where we could shoot the London Eye.
:
: There were so many people, Mich couldn't see 6 inches in front of his nose,
: through a nearly solid wall of pedestrians. Even following my son was
: tough, as people kept cutting in between, so Mich couldn't keep a bead on
: him.
:
: Eventually, though, we fought our way to a vantage spot, and I managed to
: squeeze off a few shots.
:
: http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/LondonEye.jpg

Nice shot. Good composition, perfect alignment (I assume your son helped you
set up a tripod), and a muted color palette that's a good match for the scene.

Bob