Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Accessing ports

Accessing ports

kajdan

Hello

I am using the free Borland compiler.

However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

I also tried with inline assembler, but the compiler doesn't support it
(no tasm32.exe).

Is there another other free MS-DOS based compiler that will do this?

Thanks

Keith Thompson

kajdan <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I am using the free Borland compiler.
>
> However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
> pout are not available. How can I achieve this?
>
> I also tried with inline assembler, but the compiler doesn't support it
> (no tasm32.exe).
>
> Is there another other free MS-DOS based compiler that will do this?

You're likely to get better answers in another newsgroup, perhaps
comp.os.msdos.programmer.

Will write code for food.

Johann Klammer

kajdan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using the free Borland compiler.
>
> However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
> pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

Wasn't it inp/outp or inb/outb or something? Possible different
functions for different word lengths also..

Angel

On 2012-08-05, Johann Klammer <(E-Mail Removed)1.net> wrote:
> kajdan wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am using the free Borland compiler.
>>
>> However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
>> pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

> Wasn't it inp/outp or inb/outb or something? Possible different
> functions for different word lengths also..

inb/outb and inw/outw on Linux/x86, among others for various bitlengths.
But there doesn't seem to be any sort of standard for it so it probably
varies by OS, by hardware and by compiler suite.

- seen in comp.lang.c

Paul N

On Aug 4, 10:22*pm, kajdan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using the free Borland compiler.
>
> However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
> pout are not available. How can I achieve this?
>
> I also tried with inline assembler, but the compiler doesn't support it
> (no tasm32.exe).
>
> Is there another other free MS-DOS based compiler that will do this?
>
> Thanks

In Turbo C++ (a compiler by Borland which includes a C compiler) there
are inp, inport, inportb, outp, outport and outportb. Your compiler
may have some or all of these.

Failing that, try comp.os.msdos.programmer as Keith has suggested.