Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: EXTERNAL: Re: missing python-config and building python on Windows

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: missing python-config and building python on Windows

Terry Reedy

On 8/1/2012 7:47 AM, Damon Register wrote:
> On 7/31/2012 11:49 PM, Mark Hammond wrote:
>> On 1/08/2012 10:48 AM, Damon Register wrote:
>>> 1. though I have looked in a few readme files, I don't see
>>> instructions for
>>> installing what I have just built using MSVC. Where can I find the
>>> instructions for installing after building with MSVC?

>> There is no such process. In general, you can just run directly from
>> the built tree.

> That is a bummer. That makes me more curious about how the Windows
> installer was made and how all the pieces were gathered together.

All I know is that the Windows installer is a .msi file created by a
script that uses msilib. I don't know whether that script is in the
repository.

--
Terry Jan Reedy