Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Pass data to a subprocess

Re: Pass data to a subprocess

andrea crotti

2012/8/1 Laszlo Nagy <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> On thing is sure: os.fork() doesn't work under Microsoft Windows. Under
> Unix, I'm not sure if os.fork() can be mixed with
> multiprocessing.Process.start(). I could not find official documentation on
> that. This must be tested on your actual platform. And don't forget to use
> Queue.get() in your test.

Yes I know we don't care about Windows for this particular project..
I think mixing multiprocessing and fork should not harm, but probably
is unnecessary since I'm already in another process after the fork so
I can just make it run what I want.

Otherwise is there a way to do same thing only using multiprocessing?
(running a process that is detachable from the process that created it)