Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Data Bound Text Boxes

Data Bound Text Boxes

Michael C#

Hi all,

Had an interesting question posed to me today and I thought I'd ask you all.
On a form, which contains several databound text boxes (bound to a dataset),
is there a simple way to "scroll" (for lack of a better word) from one
record to the next? What I'm looking for is a way to add a button that lets
you move to the next record, or a previous record, and update the Textboxes
like on a Windows form or even an Access form.

Thanks

Karl Seguin

ASP.Net 2.0 will have a builtin view called the DetailsView which does this.
You can create your own control to do this in 1.x however:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...etailsview.asp

there are likely ready to install ones available as well...

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Michael C#" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9wDHd.241$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Had an interesting question posed to me today and I thought I'd ask you

all.
> On a form, which contains several databound text boxes (bound to a

dataset),
> is there a simple way to "scroll" (for lack of a better word) from one
> record to the next? What I'm looking for is a way to add a button that

lets
> you move to the next record, or a previous record, and update the

Textboxes
> like on a Windows form or even an Access form.
>
> Thanks

Michael C

Thank you, Perfect!