Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lens mount conversions

Lens mount conversions

Joe Kotroczo

Hello,

Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
done, not just via an adapter?

I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
shop that is doing that type of work.

Thanks.

--
Illegitimi non carborundum

J. Clarke

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
> done, not just via an adapter?
>
> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
> shop that is doing that type of work.

What do you want to mount on what camera and what do you want it to be
able to do? Those are the big questions.

And any shop that's doing PL mount conversions should be able to do any
other conversion. Don't expect it to be cheap.

Bruce

Joe Kotroczo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
>done, not just via an adapter?
>
>I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
>PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
>shop that is doing that type of work.
>
>Thanks.

I suggest you should contact SRB-Griturn near Dunstable:
http://www.srb-griturn.com/made-to-order-245-c.asp

Joe Kotroczo

On 31/07/2012 17:37, J. Clarke wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
>> done, not just via an adapter?
>>
>> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
>> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
>> shop that is doing that type of work.

> What do you want to mount on what camera and what do you want it to be
> able to do? Those are the big questions.

I have a few FD-mount lenses gathering dust that have me wondering how I
could get more use out of them. Mainly an Angenieux 180/2.3 APO

I'm currently using a Sony A77 for stills, so A-Mount would nice, but
there's also a few EF-Mount cameras kicking around for video stuff at
the moment, so that could be an option as well.

I'm quite sure the Angenieux was also available with Leica R and Nikon
mounts, so I'm hoping the lens is designed to be convertible in some
fashion.

--

On 31/07/2012 18:45, Bruce wrote:
> Joe Kotroczo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
>> done, not just via an adapter?
>>
>> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
>> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
>> shop that is doing that type of work.
>>
>> Thanks.

> I suggest you should contact SRB-Griturn near Dunstable:
> http://www.srb-griturn.com/made-to-order-245-c.asp

Thanks

--
Illegitimi non carborundum

Robert Coe

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 02:03:12 +0100, Joe Kotroczo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On 31/07/2012 17:37, J. Clarke wrote:
: > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
: >>
: >> Hello,
: >>
: >> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
: >> done, not just via an adapter?
: >>
: >> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
: >> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
: >> shop that is doing that type of work.
: >
:
: I have a few FD-mount lenses gathering dust that have me wondering how I
: could get more use out of them. Mainly an Angenieux 180/2.3 APO
:
: I'm currently using a Sony A77 for stills, so A-Mount would nice, but
: there's also a few EF-Mount cameras kicking around for video stuff at
: the moment, so that could be an option as well.
:
: I'm quite sure the Angenieux was also available with Leica R and Nikon
: mounts, so I'm hoping the lens is designed to be convertible in some
: fashion.

Wouldn't you get better results for less money by getting on E-bay, selling
your old lenses, and buying used lenses that are a better fit for your current
equipment?

Bob

Joe Kotroczo

On 04/08/2012 14:54, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 02:03:12 +0100, Joe Kotroczo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

(...)
> : I'm quite sure the Angenieux was also available with Leica R and Nikon
> : mounts, so I'm hoping the lens is designed to be convertible in some
> : fashion.
>
> Wouldn't you get better results for less money by getting on E-bay, selling
> your old lenses, and buying used lenses that are a better fit for your current
> equipment?

Now where is the fun in that?

--
Illegitimi non carborundum